Provocation

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dunimere

Provocation

Post by Dunimere »

Provocation is broke. You should be able to provoke a wild animal onto an npc within town (blue of course) and it should attack. What happens currently is you provoke the animal - you target the npc (blue) - and then you die before the animal attacks. The animal should start attacking upon this action instead of it being ignored.

Eulogy

Re: Provocation

Post by Eulogy »

True.

Dunimere

Post by Dunimere »

"Enticing shopkeepers" will now make the message pop up over the right person.
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 01/20/1998
Last edited by Dunimere on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

What does that even mean, "will make the message pop over the right person". I don't think that has to do with what this guy is proposing.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

poogoblin wrote:What does that even mean, "will make the message pop over the right person". I don't think that has to do with what this guy is proposing.
He is that guy :lol:
but I don't think so either :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I've fixed this in code, but the result of course is that the creature being provoked gets guard whacked too
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Does the provoked creature's corpse disappear?

This seems a little odd to me for one very good reason. Wouldn't it be possible to provoke npc's with black(or any special) color sandals and simply loot them after getting guard whacked? If it was this easy back then people would have been doing that instead of poisoning them to death.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Faust wrote:Does the provoked creature's corpse disappear?

This seems a little odd to me for one very good reason. Wouldn't it be possible to provoke npc's with black(or any special) color sandals and simply loot them after getting guard whacked? If it was this easy back then people would have been doing that instead of poisoning them to death.

Yeah, I don't believe it should make any difference as far as mechanics, but it will kill your pet (unless of course the npc is solo and doesn't call for guards a second time)

Dunimere

Post by Dunimere »

Creatures being provoked on blue npc's in town should not be killed - only the provoker. Will it be made this way?

Dunimere

Post by Dunimere »

"Provocation on shopkeepers" is not only illegal, but won't work anymore, and "will call the guards"
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 01/13/1998
it was still possible to provoke animals onto shopkeepers - yes you did die from doing it after this patch - but your animal did not die and continued to battle the shop keeper.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You should be able to entice npcs that are not vendors outside the gates of town, I havent played with enticement for awhile though I have GM enticement on one character, but last time the npcs stopped at the guardzone. I read era threads where you were able to entice them outside the guardzone.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Yeah, you should be able to entice shopkeepers away from their shops, but they should wander back or teleport eventually.

Dunimere

Post by Dunimere »

Faust wrote:Does the provoked creature's corpse disappear?

This is a trade secret. In other words by you posting this here, you've informed several more players to this...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

it's not a trade secret if it cannot be done...
I wasn't talking about vendors when I said entice should draw out non-vendor/guards outside the safety of the guard zone in order to kill them. Besides the coveted Black Sandals there are some nice hued clothes on alot of NPCs that would be nice to nab.