Gates not working as intended?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should gates be fixed?

yes gates are not right
67%
no i don't want to die
33%

Total votes: 6

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Gates not working as intended?

Post by GuardianKnight »

Notice how you can lure a animal thru a gate? How it goes into the gate even tho it's after someone at the other side of it?

This is how normal player interaction with gates is supposed to be as well. If npcs just touch gates then so should people.

I tricked alot of pks by opening random gates on osi and on this server they just gotta run past it. Shouldn't be possible.

I'm just thinking it should work like our current moongate system. Touch it and you are gone.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Gates not working as intended?

Post by chumbucket »

Huh?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

chumbucket wrote:Huh?

Ok Chumbucket + gate = chumbucket touches gate and goes to town.

Now what we have no is (chumbucket + gate= chumbucket running straight through a gate without going into the gate to the town.)
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Well as far as i know, Gates have 3 types of interation.

1. Single clicking a gate will give you the description (more detailed if it's the public moongate)

2. Dbl-Clicking a gate will pass you through it, if your close enough

3. Walking through it would pass you through it.

What part of this set-up do you have an issue with? I'm not quite understanding.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Duke Jones wrote:Well as far as i know, Gates have 3 types of interation.

1. Single clicking a gate will give you the description (more detailed if it's the public moongate)

2. Dbl-Clicking a gate will pass you through it, if your close enough

3. Walking through it would pass you through it.

What part of this set-up do you have an issue with? I'm not quite understanding.
I just don't know if i can explain this in any other way...

I'll try again.

Go to a moongate and try to RUN STRAIGHT through it....doesn't work does it? This is how gates should work. Currently when you summon a gate you can walk right over the gate and not go thru it unless you stop on it.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Ah I see what you mean...
You're saying that you can't currently travel by moongate by running through it. I see.

But wait, I remember accidentally running through a gate that spawned in brit and being ganked. On *this* server, not OSI!

Maybe it's hit and miss? Maybe going through it from different direction may or may not work?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Faust

Post by Faust »

The way it's working now is correct.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I had to explain this 3 times and you think you get off with just saying "it's correct"....step back a few steps and do tell faust.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The "move over" function you are referring to is a default feature of the RunUO distro package. This was fixed here several months back. I would suggest looking at the discussion that lead to these changes.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Both running through, and walking through, one does not actually go to the gate destination.

Robot is right, you kind of have to pause at the gate (or double-click it) to actually be transported.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Robot is suggesting that there is no "delay" when the move over function is called like in the default RunUO behavior and stating that the pause isn't correct here at the moment.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Duke Jones wrote:Well as far as i know, Gates have 3 types of interation.

This is actually era-accurate, just not a big enough deal to go get the patch notes and make a new thread...I'll do it next time I'm bored off my rocker