Getting stuck in place, "stuttering" walking/riding

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mitten_Hands

Getting stuck in place, "stuttering" walking/riding

Post by Mitten_Hands »

I've been having problems for a while now where when I'm walking or running, my character will go a few steps and then stop before continuing (unrelated to stamina/fatigue). This happens pretty frequently, and less often than that, but more frustratingly, I've had problems where I get stuck in place. I can fight and use skills but I just can't move. Both problems can be solved by logging out and fully closing UO/razor. If I just log out and log right back in, the problem will start up again almost immediately, but completely closing out buys me more time for some reason. There doesn't seem to be any pattern that triggers it, it can happen anytime. Is there something I can do to solve this problem? I'm hoping this is the right subforum to bring this up in.

I will try to recall the specifics of the situations this has occurred in.

Nayee

Re: Getting stuck in place, "stuttering" walking/riding

Post by Nayee »

bind a key to resync in misc on razor.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Have you used a Razor macro that involves movement? If you have, that's likely the problem. When you stop using the movement macro, you have to log out and close UO/Razor to reset this issue.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

hes just needs to re-sync, this happens to everyone.
Attachments
HAH.jpg
HAH.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Sometimes the resync won't work completely if you used movement within Razor. If you didn't use movement in Razor, it works great.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

he states he can't replicate it. there is no pattern, thus one can deduct no razor movement was used.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i suggest replacing your all names key with resynch key, or bind it to your space bar
i hit resynch 09857234 times a day
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mitten_Hands

Post by Mitten_Hands »

Oh! That makes sense, now, I was thinking I hadn't used any movement macros, but I forgot that I have one hotkeyed for quickly exiting my house - I do it so automatically that I hadn't made the connection before. Duh! Thank you for your quick help, this will make things a lot easier. Thanks for helping a newbie out - my husband is an old veteran of the game but there's a lot that's still completely bewildering to me.

Edit: Just to be sure, there aren't any drawbacks to frequent resyncing, right?

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Nayee wrote:he states he can't replicate it. there is no pattern, thus one can deduct no razor movement was used.
Mitten_Hands wrote:Oh! That makes sense, now, I was thinking I hadn't used any movement macros, but I forgot that I have one hotkeyed for quickly exiting my house...
Neener neener neeeener. :P
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Out of morbid curiousity why isnt the #1 on runuo's list of things to fix?

Its pretty game breaking as 90% of my deaths are caused by it.

Ive found you can replicate it. its caused by attempting to mvoe whyle casting, or trying to move directly after a recall.
[broken image]

Mitten_Hands

Post by Mitten_Hands »

zzyzx wrote:
Nayee wrote:he states he can't replicate it. there is no pattern, thus one can deduct no razor movement was used.
Mitten_Hands wrote:Oh! That makes sense, now, I was thinking I hadn't used any movement macros, but I forgot that I have one hotkeyed for quickly exiting my house...
Neener neener neeeener. :P
It's not Nayee's fault! :cry: I totally facepalmed when I realized I forgot my "exit" macro. :P Furthermore, I'm not a mage, but I did realize today that the problem comes whenever I'm stopped during a run, not when I stop on my own, but when I hit a monster, tree, rock, house, etc. I just couldn't think of a common thread between the problems until I started thinking bigger.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”