UO3d expansion monsters are now in our game (pic)

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UO3d expansion monsters are now in our game (pic)

Post by GuardianKnight »

Dunno if this is on purpose or not but we now have titans, daemons, frost spiders that have UO: 3d expansion animations.
Attachments
GuardianKnight_10-26_00.43-1.jpg
GuardianKnight_10-26_00.43-1.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Pristiq

Re: UO3d expansion monsters are now in our game (pic)

Post by Pristiq »

LOL That looks soooo horribad!
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Summoned a demon to verify this and it looked as it should. Is this only affecting shard spawns, or just GK?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

What client are you using?
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

well i'm a bit past the target patch but this just recently started. COuple people just recently started experiencing it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Are you still patching to play on OSI?
Maybe it is just EA replacing the graphics.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

Oh God, I remember when they changed the graphics on daemons... I hated it so much.
Image Against all odds. War us.

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

I'm assuming that you're using a 3D Client for this? This looks like an ectoplasmic abortion of graphics and I hope my good looking 2D graphics aren't replaced :P

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

They aren't the 3d client graphics. It is just what they changed the 2d graphics of certain monsters to look like. If you log onto OSI 2d client... At least during like AOS, I stopped playing OSI after Mondains Legacy, this is what the daemons will look like. I think they look awful and always did. The original daemons look badass.
Image Against all odds. War us.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

These are in the ML client. The Titan and Deam With Sword graphics have been replaced in that client, we're unable to do anything about it, they are just gone.

If you use the download on our website, the 5.0.8.3 client, you won't see these bodies.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

virtue

Post by virtue »

I have never downloaded any patches above 5.0.9.1 and SUDDENLY I am getting the art of these daemons like that.

Just just happened within a few weeks ago, before that I never had anything but the original daemons.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

what's odd is during the aldaen event i had both types of daemons on my screen. The new and the old ones. How do we explain this one?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Okay who has been doing the Time Warp again?
timewarp.jpg
timewarp.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

GuardianKnight wrote:what's odd is during the aldaen event i had both types of daemons on my screen. The new and the old ones. How do we explain this one?
The daemon with a sword, which is the same gfx as the balron was replaced by EA in the ML and later clients. The daemon without the sword is still in the old ML graphics set. In the client download from out website, the T2A 5.0.8.3 client, both of these models are intact from era.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

me and a guildmate both started seeing these 3D images on our 2D clients all of a sudden the other day too. neither of us have patched past 5.0.8 and neither of us saw these models before last week. we'd have noticed otherwise.

it happens with some balrons/deamons, titans and frost spiders, as someone else mentioned. never seen these before the other day and havent changed my client version at all.