Looking for Nightmare from Pacific Shard! & why I chose t2a

Topics related to Second Age
nick_drake_pacfic

Looking for Nightmare from Pacific Shard! & why I chose t2a

Post by nick_drake_pacfic »

Greetings,
Hello to all. I played Pacific Shard from Beta until 2000. Like all who play here, Trammel is a bad word. I did not think I could go back in time, but alas, yes I can.

When I was looking around for a t2a era shard, it came down to this one and Divinity. I chose this free shard because of a post about how to deal with Divinity players advertising on your free shard. The response was to be respectful. I don't get the same feeling from Divinity.

So here I am, getting my laptop PC fixed (I am a Mac dude) so I can play more. This weekend, I fired up my mom's PC and began the arduous, slow task of building an account with Linton Kwesi, my miner. As to rebuilding it all again, I'm looking for my buddy Nightmare from the Pacific Shard. It's much more fun to build characters with a buddy, and he was indeed my main man back in the day.

Nightmare, where the flock are you??? Last time I saw you was at the Opium Den in Hollywood. Addiction to old school UO affects us all in a similar way. So I know you've got to be checking out the different free shards as the need for an old school, UO fix has to be driving you nuts. Get on this one, dude. And get in contact with me.
-Nick Drake pvp/murdering mage
-John Lennon tamer/mage
(Pacific Shard)

**In advance, please pardon my periodical bumps of this thread. I'm on a mission to find my old UO pal. Think of it as long, lost romance story that you can all be apart of :) Help me find Nightmare! (not an unusual UO name -- Hey I'm looking for John Smith, you know him?)

Derrick

Re: Looking for Nightmare from Pacific Shard! & why I chose t2a

Post by Derrick »

Allow me to bump it for you. Welcome (back) to Second Age!

nick_drake_pacfic

Very much appreciated. I'm buying stock in you guys. Perhaps Divinity has more players now, but in the long run I believe this shard will win out. And that's the main draw: MORE PLAYERS. We all remember the beginning of UO, when Britannia was like walking the streets of Manhattan. And to hold true to t2a era skill gain, when GMing a skill meant something, I applaud that. Cheers to you, amigo.

moondawg

Post by moondawg »

I played on pacific too bro. I was moondawg on there, as well as here.

nick_drake_pacfic

Well, in two months when I finally have developed my account sufficiently, we should start a guild called Pacific (spelled correctly, not like my user ID). Good to see you again, Moondawg. Long live the Pacific Shard! All hail!

moondawg

Post by moondawg »

Im down! lets do it. We have to pvp though. Thats what i came here for

nick_drake_pacfic

Is there any other reason? I may be diggin' ore right now, but soon I will be throwing ebolts.

Remiix

Post by Remiix »

I played on Pacific as well, under the name Bruti. I was the largest reagent seller of 97-late 98. I had 3 shops. One about 2 screens east of brit. gate, one of the only houses in Jhelom, and another shop in Vesper. I raked in about 250,000 a week in regs alone. It only took me about 100,000 a week to restock.

nick_drake_pacfic

Amen to you, Bruti. Good to hear from another brother from Pacific.

I have to say as much as I'm looking forward to playing this game again, I'm also very frightened. This game dominated my life and I promised I would not allow that to happen again. I never had the discipline to quite UO. UO quit me. Trammel very bad. But there I was today at Staples dropping off my PC laptop for repairs. A broken PC laptop that has sat in my closet for two years. A PC laptop I need for only one reason. Mac don't Ultima Online. 300 bucks and I'll have it Friday (or Monday). 300 bucks for one more hit of UO. It feels so right, and it feels so wrong.

But, I've justified playing again by telling myself (and my friends) that I can macro unattended here. So I won't really be playing all the time. It'll be like a TV in the room stuck on one channel, and the channel stuck on one show. Just one more fix, man. It'll be alright, right? Tell me it's OK. Please. Anybody.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

It's been 8 years. I am sure you have grown out of being irresponsible and having a game dominate your life, I hope.

nick_drake_pacfic

Well, unfortunately for me, I have to go to a job during the day now. Back then, I'd surf in the morning, bring lunch home from Poquito Mas, whereupon I'd chain smoke Marlboro Mediums and drink Diet Cokes the rest of the day and night while playing UO until the wee hours.

My buddy Gary Jules was recording his album in the living room while I was chopping trees in the forest. That was a dope time.

My first game was UItima ONE on the Apple IIplus. So perhaps it's been eight years, but I've been playing Ultima games for 25. G-d help me.

moondawg

Post by moondawg »

played on Pacific as well, under the name Bruti. I was the largest reagent seller of 97-late 98. I had 3 shops. One about 2 screens east of brit. gate, one of the only houses in Jhelom, and another shop in Vesper. I raked in about 250,000 a week in regs alone. It only took me about 100,000 a week to restock.
I played on Pacific as well, under the name Bruti. I was the largest reagent seller of 97-late 98. I had 3 shops. One about 2 screens east of brit. gate, one of the only houses in Jhelom, and another shop in Vesper. I raked in about 250,000 a week in regs alone. It only took me about 100,000 a week to restock.
holy shit bro i donated so much money to your reg shop near brit. AHAHA cause i couldnt buy to many in town being red = (

nick_drake_pacfic

Biggity-bump... Still lookin' for Nightmare.

My laptop PC won't be fixed until Wednesday. Mine the ore will you can miners. Cause come Wednesday I will be farming that ore like a polluting agra-farmer!

nick_drake_pacfic

Just picked up my laptop from Staples! I shall mining ore tonight! I'm ecstatic to be back in the UO world. I'd like to thank Staples, my dad for buying me Ultima I back in the day, and Derrick for his era-correct vision.

nick_drake_pacfic

After mining for two weeks, got enough dough to place my first house.

Still looking for Nightmare... bumptity-bump.