assorted spellbook/inscription bugs

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

assorted spellbook/inscription bugs

Post by dren »

These are some bugs I noticed the last 30 days or so...

1. sometimes opening a spell book does not display the contents properly
work around: reopening the spellbook again, sometimes several times will make the spells display properly

2. opening multiple spellbooks at the same time can cause both books to display the contents improperly
work around: same as above, if it still won't display properly close one book and open them one at a time

3. last night I filled a couple of spellbooks for someone, I know I put every scroll in there. i double and triple check every book. i've never made a mistake and had a book sold that wasn't completely full. one of the people had a full book on them they've been using for 1yr. they gave a couple of the books hey had on them (2/3) to a friend and were left with a single book missing a significant number of spells.

i've done business with these guys before and i hope and trust that they are not scamming me. honestly I don't see any reason for that sort of thing and the guy didn't even want the same book back because he was concerned about it being bugged. i kept his book and will re-fill it, and i will try to make some more books from it and see what happens (an update here if i have problems). i'm inclined to believe that there is an assortment of bugs, some of which are probably not listed here with having multiple spellbooks on you at one time.

so to seems to me that they started with one full book, and bought two full books, and gave two full books to a friend and ended up with one partially full book somehow. so there is obviously a bug here that should be looked into. not sure about recreating the scenario, but I suspect if the first two bugs were looked into which are more easily recreatable it might fix the third bug, or lend some light to it as gms look into the codebase for spellbooks.

*So these bugs are definitely scribe stopper bugs and are pretty annoying at the least.

I've also noticed that the inscription table on the wiki seems off to me, but this could be a mistake. How is it that with 95 inscription and 100 magery you only have a 95% chance to create 6th circle? Anyway I looked here http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=391 it appears that there were some serious bugs with inscription before as well. I think that this skill should be reviewed again for accuracy and bugs.

Thanks, and if anyone has any experience with the above or other bugs please add them here so they can get looked into.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.