Hello.

Topics related to Second Age
Leesin

Hello.

Post by Leesin »

Well new player here, just been training up my first character, soon to go earn some gold. Was just wondering if anyone knows where to get full spellbooks and empty/full runebooks at a good price? thought it would be easier to ask than run around looking at every single vendor on the map lol.

rouss

Re: Hello.

Post by rouss »

Leesin wrote:Well new player here, just been training up my first character, soon to go earn some gold. Was just wondering if anyone knows where to get full spellbooks and empty/full runebooks at a good price? thought it would be easier to ask than run around looking at every single vendor on the map lol.
Hello and welcome! :)

You have a very good chance of finding one in Yew shops. Just wander around Yew bank.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Hello and welcome!

The patio on the east side of the bank has full spell books for you. Hope to see you out there soon.

Leesin

Post by Leesin »

Ok thanks, just pricing up what I need to save, got enough for my armour so next saving for the books. I was also wondering about the events, I see things like CTF and Survival advertised over server announcement ingame, how do I go about joining them? is there a location I must go to?

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

gates open at all banks around the world for most events except tournaments. tournament gates open in east brit near the hall of virtues, in bucs bathhouse and in one of the guard towers in jehlom.

also don't pay more than 5k for a spellbook.

Leesin

Post by Leesin »

Ok thanks, have a few of my fighting skills GMed nearly ( just a few more gains ) so gonna be doing my healing, magery and resist after, thought I would give them a try in the mean time just to get a taste of the PvP, haven't played T2A style PvP since way back when I first bought UO lol.

Yeah I saw some books for 4-4.5k, but the thing that bothers me is the spellbooks just say "a spellbook", only the description says "full", how do I know if it's actually full lol?

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

i think you can use an id wand/item id skill on them and it tells you how many spells are in them. i think.. not sure though. give it a try.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I don't believe ID wands will work for this purpose, only ID skill.

Also check out east of the brit gy along the water, some good vendors there with spellbooks too.

Leesin

Post by Leesin »

Got a full spellbook and a 10 charge runebook for 4.5k altogether :)

Guess It's time to start working on healing, magery and then the dreaded resist -_-'

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Welcome to UOSA Leesin!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Leesin

Post by Leesin »

I do have another question, I couldn't really find much written about events, already been told how to play them etc but I was just wondering if they happen at certain times or just whenever the GMs feel like putting them on?

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

Leesin wrote:Thanks :)

I do have another question, I couldn't really find much written about events, already been told how to play them etc but I was just wondering if they happen at certain times or just whenever the GMs feel like putting them on?
Check the Events sub-forum, or go to IRC and type "!events"

Leesin

Post by Leesin »

Oh, I discovered the my.uosecondage, which shows events etc, I have made an account for that part of the site too, but I am wondering how I connect that profile with my characters??

Also, in the magery skill gain guide, it only says what to cast from 50, does anyone have any experience with training from 30-50 and know what I should cast?

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Full spellbooks and runebooks are available at "Bob" Dobbs' Capitalist Emporium! Conveniently located at Brit moongate.

All goods are certified by the Church of the SubGenius.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Leesin wrote:Oh, I discovered the my.uosecondage, which shows events etc, I have made an account for that part of the site too, but I am wondering how I connect that profile with my characters??
I believe you have to have registered using the same e-mail you used to confirm your UO Account in game. It should be an automatic match.
Leesin wrote:Also, in the magery skill gain guide, it only says what to cast from 50, does anyone have any experience with training from 30-50 and know what I should cast?
Fireball to around 48ish. Also, don't forget to use FireField to get your resist up to 55 BEFORE starting to macro magery.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay