Energy Vortex

Topics related to Second Age
lemontree

Energy Vortex

Post by lemontree »

Just a moment ago I got killed by my own energy vortex, by casting it right beside an terathan avenger. It ran right after me instead of attacking the avenger. I think there is something wrong with their AI of "attacking the owner" for the first priority. :(

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Energy Vortex

Post by Quin the Wretch »

I agree lemontree. Id include bladespirit too. I've cast them at max distance on my 400 skill 200 stat toon and had them pass up avengers or equivalent to go after me. Doesnt seem right.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Only way I've been able to get them to work is to paralyze the target and cast the vortex on the tile directly adjacent to the target. But yeah, they'll fly right by a balron at me so I don't think they are attacking based on intelligence like they should.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Lupos

Post by Lupos »

agreed I've seen this also, something seems fishy...

Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

this does happen lots if u cast behind it it should attack what u want it 2

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Kabal wrote:Only way I've been able to get them to work is to paralyze the target and cast the vortex on the tile directly adjacent to the target. But yeah, they'll fly right by a balron at me so I don't think they are attacking based on intelligence like they should.
I was reading through some old posts and some have said they target whomever has the highest "Mana" at the time not necessarily the highest intelligence though the two are co-related.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

The era accurate rules for energy vortexes and blade spirits is that you have to spawn them on the tile directly adjacent to the monster. If you spawn it two or more tiles away from your target, it will immediately come after you.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Braden wrote:The era accurate rules for energy vortexes and blade spirits is that you have to spawn them on the tile directly adjacent to the monster. If you spawn it two or more tiles away from your target, it will immediately come after you.
I've also invised myself and the EV will just stand around instead of attacking anything on the screen, is this era accurate? Seems broke

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

You just need to practice casting it in the right spot. It isn't difficult to do once you've got it down. When I mess up, or when I want the EV to attack a new target, I attack the EV, drag it over the new monster and then hide/invis. Works just fine.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I wonder if this thread was overchanged due to some evidence found

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2558

It doesn't seem as though monsters attack EVs anymore

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The reason the EVs are attacking the player is because the monsters are not recognized by them until they move. You need to get the monster aggroing you and walking towards you, then drop an EV behind it and it will attack every time.

That is not to say this is accurate, I really don't know.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Pretty sure I seen Derrick say hes sure the mechanics for EVs and BSs are accurate. Though they certainly were not when you could just drop one in a room, come back in a few minutes and the room is empty.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Is it just me though or are NPCs no longer attacking EVs, regardless if a PC is on the screen or not.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The reason the EVs are attacking the player is because the monsters are not recognized by them until they move. You need to get the monster aggroing you and walking towards you, then drop an EV behind it and it will attack every time.

That is not to say this is accurate, I really don't know.
That doesn't sound era accurate

lemontree

Post by lemontree »

Braden wrote:curate rules for energy vortexes and blade spirits is that you have to spawn them on the tile directly adjacent to the monster. If you spawn it two or more tiles away from your target, it will immediately come after you.
I did summon the energy vortex right beside the terathan avenger (exactly right beside, no space in between and the terathan avenger was targeted on me already). Seriously the EV thinks I owes him money or something and chased me down till I am dead. lol

For Era accuracy, I remember we used to cast Energy Vortex in Lich Lord room at Deceit. We normally cast it on the top and it ill target the lich lord or lich below. <Thats a for sure accurate era> *smile*

I mean in that era, mage mostly relys on casting Energy Vortex to kill their preys, cause I remember we used to trap balron against the boulder and suck all their mana out till we actually cast and an energy vortex onto them and kill them afterward, but now it seems we doesn't needed to... the poison itself ill just kill it without doing anything else.