Small addition to silver rewards...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Small addition to silver rewards...

Post by chumbucket »

Currently for 20 silver you can change the color of a trophy. I propose that for, say, 30 silver you are allowed to change the name of a trophy and that no one else be allowed to give a trophy that name except you.

That is all.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Small addition to silver rewards...

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This would be a great idea for player ran events to make their own trophies rather than relying on staff-given rewards.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

MatronDeWinter wrote:This would be a great idea for player ran events to make their own trophies rather than relying on staff-given rewards.
This is true and a good point though I have nothing against staff-given rewards. My original thought was harking back to the old idea I had about the chumbucket Award for etc etc which was a good idea but I don't think I will actually ask for one now given that some of the problems suggested in that thread seemed reasonable.

So my thought was this would be a nice way to do something similar, i.e., provide people with rewards they can give to whoever they see fit to give them to for whatever reason they see fit to give them. Obviously, you wouldn't want them named to anything that has been given out before by staff at events and not really, I think, even by others who might use this system.

Also, I now think 30k is too high. Changing the color also, as I understand it, ups the values of the trophy changed, whereas changing the name would not. So perhaps simply, say, 15 silver for this?

Anyways, just an idea to give players more tools but tools that are more in line with what we already have in the system than the old proposal I had about tiny watches or whatever.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Sounds like a bad thing for player events - it would mean it costs more in silver to make the trophy than its worth. Why would we want to make player run events more costly than they already are?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i like and dislike the idea.

i like - great rewards for events - they already cost a fortune to run (as anyone who runs them often can attest to), but really it would just come out of the prize money anyway. So overall prizes would drop a bunch but you'd get a cooler trophy. As opposed to giving a first/second place prize etc it would just be one first place prize in trophy form. It is not like you would be required to hand these out at your events either.

i like - great idea for guilds for internal awards/prizes/events - busts would be great named after all old guildmasters etc

dislike - i feel it would dramatically decrease the importance of the old trophies we have now that are really the only solid evidence we have to track old events. (Im probably one of the only people that care)

however - so long as there is a way to show these trophies were custom named, either with a * or whatnot in the name it would be a moot point. (help avoid scams and other garbage)

dislike - gotta go will finish post in a bit

overall thumbs up, with some 'only ifs'.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Panthor, the idea is that people spending the silver to change the name on the trophy don't really give a crap that they're "losing" silver to do so.

As for the winners, the trophy was free to them so it's still free, and worth something if they wanted to trade it in for silver pieces.

Blackfoot, seems like you wouldn't have an issue with this as long as it's not a previously taken name. Which certainly seems fair, and in fact seems to be a subset of chumbucket's proposal of "can't name a trophy something that's already been used on a trophy".

I think it's a great idea, as long as the trophies aren't used in a harassing manner (like, referencing other players/guilds/etc., other than the winner of the trophy of course).

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Mikel123 wrote:I think it's a great idea, as long as the trophies aren't used in a harassing manner (like, referencing other players/guilds/etc., other than the winner of the trophy of course).
That takes half my ideas away.

Honestly, I didn't intend these to be replacement for the trophies staff make for events. I want to conduct/give out some cA-only type events/awards, and this is what prompted me to suggest it this way since the old idea, though I guess approved by the shard and staff, seems in retrospect not ideal.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Mikel123 wrote:Panthor, the idea is that people spending the silver to change the name on the trophy don't really give a crap that they're "losing" silver to do so.

Who cares what the idea is? The reality is you're making it more expensive to run player events.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Creates server uniques.

Also, you should be able to name several trophies the same thing.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Panthor, the idea is that people spending the silver to change the name on the trophy don't really give a crap that they're "losing" silver to do so.

Who cares what the idea is? The reality is you're making it more expensive to run player events.
Again, no reason there can't be both. The uses I have in mind for these are for those occasions in which it would be inappropriate for staff to give out trophies, e.g., a guild only event.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i meant there needs to be something showing that it was a custom named trophy through silver system.
i had another what at the time, seemed like an important thing that needed to be addressed but it escapes me now.

the more options for the silver turn in rewards the better imo
they would be perfect non public event rewards.

i want a chumbucket bust. or even better, but im not sure it woudl be ok, an ian bust
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

i what sjanes bust

hiyooooooooo

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Panthor the Hated wrote:i what sjanes bust

hiyooooooooo
^5
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

BlackFoot wrote:i meant there needs to be something showing that it was a custom named trophy through silver system.
i had another what at the time, seemed like an important thing that needed to be addressed but it escapes me now.

the more options for the silver turn in rewards the better imo
they would be perfect non public event rewards.

i want a chumbucket bust. or even better, but im not sure it woudl be ok, an ian bust
If you can't duplicate trophies given out at events or by other players, then why do we need to distinguish the two?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Why do you want to make unique silver bearing trophies? Why not non-silver rewards? Eventually your one of a kind silver-bearing trophy will be cashed in. Seems like a waste, and it requires the staff to do more work confirming specific names are shard-unique.