Post by mikry252 »

Magery
Music
Provo
Wrestling
Hiding
Resist
Tracking*

Does it make sense to get rid of Med for tracking? I believe bards are made to make money and run away from PvPs. Why get Med? If you walk into a cave and hit tracking and see if anyone is around you already have a heads up before you start farming. Recall healing, cure, ports are the only thing I can see usefull as a bard. Need some input. Thanks

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bard Temp

Post by Panthor the Hated »

a mage without med isn't real viable for anything. You'll be healing yourself plenty often, that alone will require med.

You are right to not include eval, though.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

You are going to want meditation and eval on a Provo.

Without med you won't be as efficient (recalling, EVs, finishing off mobs)

Eval will help you kill off your mobs faster.

The perfect provo build is:
Magery
Music
Provo
Wrestling
Med
Resist
Eval

Or you could go
Magery
Music
Provo
Wrestling
Med
Hiding
Eval

The second template is cheaper/faster to make and honestly if you're on a horse and have a recall rune you shouldn't be dying to PKs unless you're not paying attention

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Ragancy wrote:You are going to want meditation and eval on a Provo.

Without med you won't be as efficient (recalling, EVs, finishing off mobs)

Eval will help you kill off your mobs faster.

The perfect provo build is:
Magery
Music
Provo
Wrestling
Med
Resist
Eval

Or you could go
Magery
Music
Provo
Wrestling
Med
Hiding
Eval

The second template is cheaper/faster to make and honestly if you're on a horse and have a recall rune you shouldn't be dying to PKs unless you're not paying attention

second template you will die to hard spawn ie level 5 map or balrons or survival event if you get wtf dumped on no resist = fail
first template like you said = win
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

fdtreece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fdtreece »

Why doesn't anyone like Peacemaking anymore? Here is my pure bard temp:

Magery
Music
Provo
Peace
Med
Resist
Eval

Yes I don't have wrestling but (knocks on wood) this char is a Lord and has never been pked. Sure I'm a GM recaller but Peace has bailed my ass out way more times than I can count when the spawn gets overwhelming. It's also saved me from the reds trying to hally me right off the bat. I use Peace right before they hit me and they're left standing next to me thinking they were going to hit me as I recall out. :)

Basically, I don't ever plan on anyone/anything getting close enough to try and interrupt so Wrestling isn't as appealing as Peace or even Hiding would be. Have fun with it whatever you choose, that's the key!

mikry252

Post by mikry252 »

Peacemaking....Never really thought of that but it actually sounds pretty smart. Only problem with that is getting caught off guard when your pulling spawn. Thats where wrestling comes in. I guess there is alot of different bard builds. I also am going to do meditation until I see how much Mana I really use then might make a switch after trying it out.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

second template you will die to hard spawn ie level 5 map or balrons or survival event if you get wtf dumped on no resist = fail
first template like you said = win
I do lvl5 map with just my LPer . no horse / no resist/ no wrestling. All you need is about 4-5 invis charges and you won't even get attacked on a lvl5 map.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Music 65
Provo 65
Swords
Tactics
Magery 70
Anatomy
Healing
Resist

100 str 75 dex 50 int

70 magery should push you past the magery requirements for a reliable recall and the admittance to Wind. More of a battle bard. You'll fail at times yes, but this is AI we are talking about.

If you want more fun then casual grinding and farming...it's the way to go. How many Dexxers draw the aggro of spawn against their opponents while standing their ground?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

fdtreece wrote:Why doesn't anyone like Peacemaking anymore? Here is my pure bard temp:

Magery
Music
Provo
Peace
Med
Resist
Eval

Yes I don't have wrestling but (knocks on wood) this char is a Lord and has never been pked. Sure I'm a GM recaller but Peace has bailed my ass out way more times than I can count when the spawn gets overwhelming. It's also saved me from the reds trying to hally me right off the bat. I use Peace right before they hit me and they're left standing next to me thinking they were going to hit me as I recall out. :)

Basically, I don't ever plan on anyone/anything getting close enough to try and interrupt so Wrestling isn't as appealing as Peace or even Hiding would be. Have fun with it whatever you choose, that's the key!
hide you can just cast invis with mage or use a invis charge so id still rather have peace like you said can be used in the same way to escape with a recall if your cooldown is up
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

okay if you are going the hiding route might as well pick up stealth

Music
Provo
Hide
Stealth 90
magery 90
med 80
wrestling
Tracking 40

You can set up your little craftable barricade anywhere you like that's strategically sound to provoke from there and won't be in the last place the guy ghosting seen you when you decide to stealth off. I could go further with tips on how to play this...but it's better to learn by doing and thinking for yourself. Okay I lied...with no resist and being safe behind your barricade of course you will drag the stronger caster bars out first...the rest is up to you.

Tracking is optional but it's good to know an area is clear before pulling out your instrument.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

I play an alternative template on my bard because it suits my play style and I find it fun, but I wouldn't suggest it to a new player. Archaic, I have come to believe, is just a troll here to try and screw over new players with bad advice.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dude...you are not even worth a response...flat out
New players do not equivelent the same IQ as you are used to dealing with jockstrap
These people tend to be smart.

If you think it takes a lot of skill to run a stealth bard...you better find another game yo.

Maybe something simple like baseball.

Casting invisible after an EV allows you to stealth to another position to which the EV will again retarget you after finishing off the provoked creatures and you come out of hiding making for better control over your summons and provoked targets.

Lots of tricks man...sorry if that's too much for you to grasp...most would catch on quick. Dropping into Ophedians hidden setting up a safe place that you can always return to would spare alot of grief, as would playing peek a boo with your EV rather then trying to lure it on the run. Some places are heavy, heavy spawn and having time enough to drag bars would help you alot.

If you want to be a little runt though go right ahead...we know who the real troll is.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Dude...you are not even worth a response...flat out
Followed by
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:wordswordswordswords
I guess you're not a troll, no self respecting troll would have let themselves get trolled like that. So that means you actually believe your advice to be good, that is so sad :(

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I'll let others be the judge of that...
Go pretend to be someone.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Go pretend to be someone.
This only works if you, yourself, are somebody. Points for trying though.