Back after a decade

Moderator: Support Moderators

Caliban

Back after a decade

Post by Caliban »

I'm sure this will be a familiar story, I played UO a fair bit back in 1999 to 2001 before quitting. I've tried various other MMORPGs since then, wow probably the most well known of those, but recently a friend of mine signed up to the pay version of UO and has tempted me back. I persuaded him to try a free shard instead and after a bit of investigation I opted to come here. After a read through of the beginners guide I created a character and found myself warped back through time outside the inn in Moonglow

- we're both struggling with the interface a little, a lot of the things we remember doing before (like 1 click spells) we haven't been able to setup yet so I could do with some advice on how to get the best of the Razor/UO interfaces, possibly we're remembering features from UOAssist that aren't available in Razor/UO

- are there many good player vendors? We could do some better equipment such as runebooks, full spellbooks and a decent supply of reagents (perhaps npc vendors are fine for this, I played UO before and after a change to vendors to increase their reagent stocks)

- any tips for new/returning players? (I will be spending my lunchtime today reading through these forums)

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Back after a decade

Post by Jill Stihl »

Caliban wrote:I'm sure this will be a familiar story, I played UO a fair bit back in 1999 to 2001 before quitting. I've tried various other MMORPGs since then, wow probably the most well known of those, but recently a friend of mine signed up to the pay version of UO and has tempted me back. I persuaded him to try a free shard instead and after a bit of investigation I opted to come here. After a read through of the beginners guide I created a character and found myself warped back through time outside the inn in Moonglow

- we're both struggling with the interface a little, a lot of the things we remember doing before (like 1 click spells) we haven't been able to setup yet so I could do with some advice on how to get the best of the Razor/UO interfaces, possibly we're remembering features from UOAssist that aren't available in Razor/UO

I don't make much use of Razor and never used UOA so I'll just say welcome to UOSA here :)

- are there many good player vendors? We could do some better equipment such as runebooks, full spellbooks and a decent supply of reagents (perhaps npc vendors are fine for this, I played UO before and after a change to vendors to increase their reagent stocks)

The area around East of Yew bank is crammed with player vendors, the area around Brit moongate also has a small concentration. There are other areas but they are the main ones. Do be aware of buying empty spellbooks labelled full etc. I'd advise perhaps using a mule with 50 item ID do the buying if you don't have an ID wand.

- any tips for new/returning players? (I will be spending my lunchtime today reading through these forums)
Don't open unknown boxes :o

There's loads of things that could be typed here so that's^ my chosen tip, others can add theirs....

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

don't macro afk with valuables or in Brit of all places oh this includes just about any public stable if making a bard i would advise getting new player housing that many people offer on the forums.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

I've seen a couple of posts about new player housing so I'll be on irc later to follow those up, and the item id mule sounds like a good idea - thanks

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Edgewalker

Post by Edgewalker »

some really nice folks took me to some vendors to get me started here

it was a player ran town...i think dg town?

Downs

Post by Downs »

Careful with DG, they just wanna pwn you later...

No, they're known for helping new players.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Return to “New Player Help”