Exploits

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Omnicron

Exploits

Post by Omnicron »

Over the past few weeks, I have tried to warn you and post about scams and exploits as they occur to prevent people from further losing what they worked hard for to scammers, hackers and exploiters. I am now dedicating any further online activity to bring into light all exploits I can find. I will enter there realm and make everything public.

"Whether an exploit is considered a cheat, or all exploits are cheats, is a matter of widespread debate that varies between genres, games, and other factors. The distinction is important as it decides how the developers and community responds to the issue and to the players who exploit the issue. On the one hand exploits can be considered illegitimate cheats that the developers should address and exploiters should be banned, while on the other hand exploits can be considered simply part of the game."

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Ultima_Onli ... 10/28/1998

LifeForce

Re: Exploits

Post by LifeForce »

so, what exactly was fixed?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Something I think should be considered:
recommendation
recommendation
peace at last.jpg (19.65 KiB) Viewed 3372 times

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

LifeForce wrote:so, what exactly was fixed?

Nothing at all. Why? Maybe it's because the method is kept secret amongst a select few, maybe in the name of era accuracy, or perhaps no one cares.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Safir wrote:Something I think should be considered:
peace at last.jpg
That fixed it for me, thanks Safir!
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

LifeForce wrote:so, what exactly was fixed?

A break-in method for towers was fixed.

Just so you know a similar method of getting through lock down tables in towers exists on this shard. BeatingU actually showed me this method and another for breaking into castles and keeps with use of boats though he left out key parts of the exploit. Keep ur tower locked. Dock boats outside you're keeps and castles if water is near. Exploits everywhere though no one will take 30 seconds out of their day to warn you about them. I do not blame staff of this server I know they are overwhelmed with all the trash they have to look after. Nor am I upset that 2 years of game play is gone, I consider it a favor that was done to me. New motivation to move further through life, motivation for change. It takes great courage and discipline to turn a negative into a positive. I am like a rubber band to be stretched and then return to my original form. Enjoy what you got whoever you are, I hope it brings you happiness.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Maybe an even better way at attacking the situation would be for you to post the defense mechanisms one can use to defend against certain exploits.

Surely every one has a counter against it.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Safir wrote:Something I think should be considered:
peace at last.jpg
AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh, golden!!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Pied Piper wrote:Maybe an even better way at attacking the situation would be for you to post the defense mechanisms one can use to defend against certain exploits.

I don't know how. The only thing i know how to do with computers is type. That is all I need and should know how to do. Perhaps you could tell me a good free antivirus program if one exists. One that will not effect the speed of my machine.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Omnicron wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:Maybe an even better way at attacking the situation would be for you to post the defense mechanisms one can use to defend against certain exploits.

I don't know how. The only thing i know how to do with computers is type. That is all I need and should know how to do. Perhaps you could tell me a good free antivirus program if one exists. One that will not effect the speed of my machine.
LOL. Couldn't you search for the isp hacker counters etc. the same way you search for the exploits?

As far as anti-virus I use the ones my comps come with. I use Norton and it seems pretty effective but it does slow down the comp some.

There is AVG. I used to have computer that used it. A friend of mine has some kind of protection system that sppeds his computer up as well as protects it and said it was one of the best out there right now. I will call him later and ask the name (he was actually bragging about it the other day when I asked him what the heck that was on his screen. We have the same version of windows)

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Pied Piper wrote:
Omnicron wrote:

LOL. Couldn't you search for the isp hacker counters etc. the same way you search for the exploits?

As far as anti-virus I use the ones my comps come with. I use Norton and it seems pretty effective but it does slow down the comp some.

There is AVG. I used to have computer that used it. A friend of mine has some kind of protection system that sppeds his computer up as well as protects it and said it was one of the best out there right now. I will call him later and ask the name (he was actually bragging about it the other day when I asked him what the heck that was on his screen. We have the same version of windows)
I can search copy and paste all day it does not mean I know what is being said to me.
I do not want to emulate my own key for a program that someone is asking money for.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

I don't know wtf you're talking about. Could you please explain what happened to you exactly so people who have a little more knowledge on the subject could perhaps shed some light on how you managed to get "hacked"?

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

well I like Norton because of all the different types of protection it offers. Plus the fact that when the 90 day free trial is almost over I redownload it and simply choose to skip the info form and you keep getting free 90 day full trials without paying a dime.

Shhhhhhhhhh. No one tell em please :wink:

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

marmalade wrote:I don't know wtf you're talking about. Could you please explain what happened to you exactly so people who have a little more knowledge on the subject could perhaps shed some light on how you managed to get "hacked"?

Here is what happened. My cpu wouldent work to the standards that it normally does. (reversed screen and such) i log on the next day to find one of my towers emptied.

Mapomatic has like 10 accounts. check ips around the time people were getting ice white cloth/cbds. They are allowed to have a guildmaster account.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/108570

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

Omnicron wrote:a good free antivirus program
There is no such thing. Antivirus programs are inherently slow and terrible because they hook system calls to check for any malicious activity.