Macing Discussion Question

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Macing Discussion Question

Post by Mens Rea »

By way of recollection, does anyone on here who played T2A think that macing breaks armor, clothes and shields a bit slower than it did on OSI?

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Macing Discussion Question

Post by mrbojangles »

I remember having armor break on me ALL the time when fighting macers, but this does not necessarily imply that macing is nerfed here.

In t2a era i tended to run around wearing used gm armor looted from my opponents, which was likely already damaged, I also didn't have a GM smith to repair my stuff whenever it began to lose durability.

That being said, I cant remember the last time I had anything break while fighting a macer here.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I haven't broken anything with a macer - shield or otherwise.

Bone armor used to crumble away like nobodies business. Dexers fighting in town would be half naked in a fight with a macer ^_^

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

I remember carrying and having to use extra shields because of macers.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

This is one of the first things I noticed on this shard. I remember macing wrecking shields almost as fast as it does stamina, armor took a little while to break though. I haven't fought someone with parry here since last year so I never thought it worth mentioning :lol:
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

yes, macing was much more effective at breaking armor and shields on OSI.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Didn't play a dexer until UO:R, but in O/C I would have like 10 chaos shields in my pack because they broke so often. I do remember destroying clothes/armor very often on my macer.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE