*deleted*

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Psilo

*deleted*

Post by Psilo »

*edit*. don't bump this thread anymore.
Last edited by Psilo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pied Piper

Re: How can you say "Not Era Accurate"

Post by Pied Piper »

Psilo wrote:How can one say we need to make grandfatherered breakable because it's "not era accurate"?

And yet something even more game breaking like trammel tourneys happen everyday. Trammel Gates are made IN FELUCCA leading straight to trammel. If someone is o/c they can hop the gate like a coward, and people can go to any city they want in seconds. You don't call that trammie?

This trammel crap needs to be taken out WAYYYY before you even consider taking out some grandfathered stuff, which is just cosmetic.

I will be happy to give up my blessed clothing, but get rid of the trammel events. They kill the game more than anything, who wants to see a server message every few hours saying who won a tourney? I would rather see people wearing unbreakable black sandals or necro clothing instead of trammel tourneys anyday.
So says a UO elistist eh? I thought you were against elitism?

Differences
Anyone can do a tourney. Not everyone can have GF blessed stuff. Unbreakable crap is era unaccurate. Favortism should not even be an option here.

Down with tourneys; I am game for that too.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Every time a supposed change appears where a handful of people may lose something (nothing is in fact being lost here), someone brings up the "how can you worry about <little problem> when we have <big problem> to worry about" argument. That is just silly. Imagine this, you are told of a prison where thousands of people are kept, they are well fed, and in no real danger. On your way to save the prisoners you stumble across a child dangling from a ledge. It would take only a moment to rescue the child, but planning the prison break will take a great duration of time. Do you help the child?
Guerrilla wrote:HOW CAN U WORRY ABOUT BABIES WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN JAIL!!
The fact of the matter is;
These two topics are unrelated. Events do conflict with the era-accurate policy of the shard according to my opinion (some might argue policy v. mechanics...), but I can always create a post containing proof of their inaccuracy, and when noticed by the staff here, it will likely get added to the giant queue of things "to do". Blessed items on the other hand, are a proven, simple-remedy, unrelated topic.

Under your extremely fallacious (self benefiting) belief, the server would accomplish nothing, as the intermediate steps leading towards an ultimate goal would be far to trivial to worry about until you can tackle the bigger problem of "everything else".

How do you manage to wake up every morning and go to work (yeah right) when you still haven't tackled that pesky "meaning of life" problem? I have no idea how you manage to find the time to post on secondage.com everyday when you haven't quite got the kinks worked out to your "theory of everything".

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Just make tourneys and even the waiting room fully-attackable

See how long we can keep the peace

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Bicchus Dicchus wrote:Just make tourneys and even the waiting room fully-attackable

That would be awesome, then see if any stat reds have the balls to come and stand around talkin' trash =P

But the best option is to get rid of tournies and force pvp to areas where it should be.

Towns(mostly dexer), dungeons(mages), graveyard, vesper strip, guild houses/towns. Yew Lich Ruins.

Screw tourneys and events, I want my 100% raw UO back. Instances just ruin the game for me, and I'm a veteran.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Psilo wrote:
Bicchus Dicchus wrote:Just make tourneys and even the waiting room fully-attackable

That would be awesome, then see if any stat reds have the balls to come and stand around talkin' trash =P

But the best option is to get rid of tournies and force pvp to areas where it should be.

Towns(mostly dexer), dungeons(mages), graveyard, vesper strip, guild houses/towns. Yew Lich Ruins.

Screw tourneys and events, I want my 100% raw UO back. Instances just ruin the game for me, and I'm a veteran.
Is there a reason you didn't list the bloodrock orc fort? :-/
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Get rid of tourneys. The same people win every time for what reason you ask? ventrillo

I'd personally like to see more double domination. Lots of people agree that it's the best game yet is only available at 4am-est in the morning.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Ronk wrote:
Psilo wrote:

Is there a reason you didn't list the bloodrock orc fort? :-/
I should have, just didn't think of it. The orcs are awesome and there's always action near the bloodrock fort and xroads area.