Tarot Cards

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Tarot Cards

Post by Light Shade »

Perhaps my info is wrong, but I hear that Tarot Cards do not spawn on this server anymore and can only be acquired through the Rewards System...
T2A Strategy Guide wrote:*Give any magic item to one of the staff of the Magincia's Magic (the mage shop), and they will usually give you either kindling, a deck of tarot cards or a rune to the Trinsic Mage shop in return. (However their stock of trade items can become temporarily exhausted)
UORares.com wrote:When I was first told this spawn back in early 1999, I simply didn't believe it. The only reason I even tried this was because the person who told me the spawn location (for a certain amount of gold which was high at the time) had Tarot Cards in their possession.
Link: http://www.uorares.com/Database/Spawnin ... tcards.php

Is there any other information on this item? What i'm finding says that there was 2 ways to obtain this item in-game back in our Era...but from what i've been told that is not the case here.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Lagrath

Re: Tarot Cards

Post by Lagrath »

Can't speak to it either way, but I know someone with a set he'd probably sell, in case you just want one.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The information from the strategy guide doesn't seem to have any support from the demo (which would have been compiled at the same time as the guide). There is no information regarding tarot cards in any of the relevant scripts within the demo. Also, its difficult to determine whether the information from UO Rares has any relevance as well. Since we don't know anything regarding the way the OSI servers would re-spawn missing items on server up, it's difficult to determine the validity of their statements as well.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Pretty sure those are just two quotes of people who dont know what they are talking about.

Like most other classic UO rumours.

'I Failed EQ six times in the thieves guildhouse and the guildmaster gave me a quest' etc.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

BlackFoot wrote:Pretty sure those are just two quotes of people who dont know what they are talking about.

Like most other classic UO rumours.

'I Failed EQ six times in the thieves guildhouse and the guildmaster gave me a quest' etc.
We've used much less to justify other things on this shard., in all fairness.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

I've never heard of these coming from vendors or otherwise, nor seen them enough times in the stratics rare forums compared to any other spawning item, especially the single tarot deck compared to the circle of cards. The historical spawns on the uorares site are not guaranteed to have been spawning items for any sustained amount of time, or were part of the batch of rares known to have been deleted/locked down when UO:R came out. For all we know it's spawn could have been a bug/mistake that only lasted for a short period any time before UO:R debuted

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

GleepGlop wrote:I've never heard of these coming from vendors or otherwise, nor seen them enough times in the stratics rare forums compared to any other spawning item, especially the single tarot deck compared to the circle of cards. The historical spawns on the uorares site are not guaranteed to have been spawning items for any sustained amount of time, or were part of the batch of rares known to have been deleted/locked down when UO:R came out. For all we know it's spawn could have been a bug/mistake that only lasted for a short period any time before UO:R debuted
What was done in UO:R has no bearing on us, though.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the idea that you give stuff to npcs and they give you tarrot cards seems kinda redic...
wouldnt there have been 50,000 tarrot cards all over the place, thrown on the ground etc

wouldnt this apply to tons of other npcs also, ei give a healer an item and they give you bloody bowl rares etc
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

They gave you a random item from a pool, so not Tarot Cards all the time. It was just a chance at getting them.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Found some other rumors about Tarot Cards, and rares in general here:

http://geocities.bootstrike.com/Eleonar ... trues.html

armybyz

Post by armybyz »

I demand no draw tiles in bags! I've seen them with my own eyes!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Ok, since we are making demands. I demand to not have "no draw" tiles
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I'm sure those of you who were around then remember...

When I first started playing in 97, we used to get bags with no draw tiles in them ALL THE TIME. They were considered junk and would be left on the ground at banks or by the corpse of whatever it was we just killed that had it on its corpse. You weren't able to take the tile out of the bag so they were just a bag with a big annoying thing in it that just got in the way. I don't recall when they were removed, but I'm pretty sure it was before, or about the time T2A came along. They were definitely gone by our cutoff date.

I remember being upset that I hadn't hung on to a couple of those because they were relatively valuable a year or so after they were removed. Could have sold my antique pixels for a nice stack of gp's. :)