Events

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Events

Post by mrbojangles »

viewforum.php?f=45

There are events all the time.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

So youre just in it for teh lewts......one of the reasons Im glad they havent been re-instated.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

I've been here a while now and tbh i think event's coming back would be sweet but this time removing all silver as a reward , simply have them for what i remember them being as fun :) just my opinion whether it counts or not :)

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

LudKrud wrote:So youre just in it for teh lewts......one of the reasons Im glad they havent been re-instated.
I think youre right. And whats funny is player tournys usually have a much larger pot than any automated event ever did. People really just want free shit to be given to them in a trammel environment.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Flea

Post by Flea »

mrbojangles wrote:viewforum.php?f=45

Player run events are 95% crap. They have much less of a turn out than any GM ran event, much less possibilities on what can be done as well.

The silver system is broken. We should have ways to obtain items that were accessable in era, and possibly some other items that were not in era but would end some of the stagnation that this shard has. We have no trammel here. Never ever use the term trammel on this shard forum again as there is nothing trammel about it.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Flea wrote:
mrbojangles wrote:viewforum.php?f=45

Player run events are 95% crap. They have much less of a turn out than any GM ran event, much less possibilities on what can be done as well.

The silver system is broken. We should have ways to obtain items that were accessable in era, and possibly some other items that were not in era but would end some of the stagnation that this shard has. We have no trammel here. Never ever use the term trammel on this shard forum again as there is nothing trammel about it.
The environment that automated events take place in has almost an identical ruleset to trammel. No killing, no stealing, 100% safe, it is a microcosm of trammel, and has no place at all in this era. But you're right, we no longer have a trammel facet on this shard, thankfully.

Your claims that this shard is stagnating and that 95% of player-events are crap, actually makes a lot of sense coming from someone who I have never seen outside of the BritGY, umm.. "1337" pvp scene. Besides town-invasions and survival games, I don't know of any GM-events that are not replicable by players. And personally, I've always had a lot more fun doing events like Rose's Capture the Capital, than I did playing automated-CTFs where half your team is afking in the hopes of getting a trophy.

The points in your post appear completely baseless.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Flea wrote:
Bazooka house drop event = awesome. Skool's PVP tournies = fun. MYM coming back throwing tourney events = fun. We have a pretty good amount of player events coming from our limited player base.

I'm still on the fence for automated events. Sure, they are fun, but there's more fun to be had in the field.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Events? Did someone mention events?

Event galore next week, sponsored by C^V!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

WOOO C^V YEAR ANNIVERSARY.... EPIC LOOTS

TC

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

You had to be teleported to events and they really felt to me they took place outside the timeline and outside the fabric of the shard, so I didnt feel they impeeded era accuracys. When I was at a ctf, I did not feel like I was playing UOSA, but rather a fun little minigame that took away from some of the motony of doing the same things over and over all day. CTF was pretty fun to me. I miss it. Player run events are not the same at all. They become more about chaos and trying to survive pks/griefers, then a well organized team event.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

So organize as a team and kill the pks/greifers?

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

LudKrud wrote:So organize as a team and kill the pks/greifers?
This doesnt make player run events anything like auto or staff ran events. When im there for ctf, im not there to organize and field. Even if everyone organized and killed them, they would return in 15 minutes. Lets be real.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

As far as lewts are concerned, we did give away a LOT of rares and trophies at the latest C^V Events. I know I personally donated a bag of rares for those events and future events. I will admit that player-run events don't get the numbers that the staff events get, but that could be remedied by the staff showing up and putting a face on things every now and then.

People do like to see their staff members....outside of jail. :wink:

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

There is nothing wrong with only doing events for the loot. THis is a video game, afterall. If you don't get awesome rewards for things sometimes, you will just avoid doing anything.

Your brain needs the reward center nourished.

I was at a few events where some staff were there and no rewards were given and the consensus was " screw the people that want something". That is fine, but always be clear that you are giving away nothing but the content before people spend hours doing it. Most people quit World of warcraft because they were doing scheduled raids and getting nothing on a regular basis...I was one of them. If you are going to take my time to make your gaming experience more fun, you gotta give something.

It's easy to tell some noob to stfu and stop asking for things but let's be honest. You were given rewards before they got here. You got some awesome stuff and people see the museum and think " someday I could have stuff like that". The truth now is that the only crap anyone gets is trophies and those are even being looked down on by staff/community.

I would be angry if I were a noob and staff just decided before an event that no rewards were to be given but didn't tell anyone. Leaving people saying wtf? that was it?
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Jack of Shadows

Post by Jack of Shadows »

I agree with GK 100%
<@Populus> You're an associate, associates don't feel bad.
<@Populus> What you are feeling is the butthurt of your victim flowing through your body.
<@Populus> Increasing your strength, much like Highlander.