Identifying "Night Eyes" items

Topics related to Second Age
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Identifying "Night Eyes" items

Post by Mikel123 »

This is the dumbest question you'll see all day. Sorry.

With the high cost of ID charges these days (20gp/per?!), it's becoming borderline unprofitable to spend time identifying jewelry in treasure chests. So I put on each piece, rather than ID it, as I can often determine what item it is based on it's effect. If it appears to have none, I will ID it, assuming it's night eyes, reflection, or invisibility (or, sadly, an item which creates an effect I'm already under - like Weakness).

I don't use Razor Light Levels, so when I put on the first night eyes jewelry, my screen brightens and I know what it is and don't waste an ID charge. But subsequent ones, until that original use wears off, are not noticeable. Or are they? Am I missing something? I waste probably 500-1000 gp every dungeon chest run I go through, purely on identifying night eyes items. Just curious if there's some clever way to ID these without burning a wand of ID charge.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Identifying "Night Eyes" items

Post by Jill Stihl »

Apologies if I'm being too obvious - An item ID mule if you have the spare char slot?

You can macro up to GM within a couple of nights just IDing the same fishsteak over and over. Chuck Arms Lore, Taste ID and Cooking on too and just keep him at home as a housemaid.
Last edited by Jill Stihl on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yup...15 slots, 1 ID mule...worth it.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Moppety

Post by Moppety »

My Id mule is also a recall miner and fisher. Also selling the junk items u would leave makes a tidy profit.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hmmm... interesting. I suppose it takes me darn near 10 seconds to put something away in my filing system, once I ID it, so I guess the skill use cooldown time won't really leave me waiting too long. Sounds like a good idea.

Still, my curiosity gets the best of me... it's so unsatisfying to pull a bunch of skirts out of a chest and not know what they do until an hour later with another character :-) I shall utilize my mule for now, but will continue to think up some way to do this while in the dungeons.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Almost 3 years ago to the day:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10168

Good to know I haven't progressed in 3+ years on this shard...