How long from 50-100 Magery?

Thank you.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Training Magery Question

Post by Light Shade »

viewtopic.php?p=237867#p237867

Use the Search Function. Its quite helpful.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

trammie

Post by trammie »

Light Shade wrote:viewtopic.php?p=237867#p237867

Use the Search Function. Its quite helpful.
Robillard wrote:Trying to come up with a macro that would allow me to Meditate while raising Magery. Here is what I have.
Create a Macro called Magery. Hotkey it to CTRL+M This is what it will look like.

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|30|3600
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075109191|4180|443|7|3651
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075109191|4180|443|7|3651
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|0|1|30|3600
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|30
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|25
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Play: Training\Meditation
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
This Waits for you mana and health to be up, restocks casts spell, then if you mana is low it plays (via hotkey) Meditation.
Meditation Macro (hotkeyed to ALT+M) looks like this.

Code: Select all

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|cannot focus
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09.5000000
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Play: Training\Meditation
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you enter a meditative trance
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|50|3600
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Play: Training\Magery
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|at peace
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Play: Training\Magery
It uses Meditation. If sysmsg is "cannot Focus", it pauses and replays itself. If "You enter a meditative trance" it waits for mana to raise then plays Magery via hotkey. If it says by some error "you are at peace" then it plays magery.
Let me know what you guys think and if you have a better way of using it.
I have no idea what any of this means....

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

I would do this 1st, but thats just me. Also if you dont have a house to macro out of, let me know,
I will friend you to one I dont use. Hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36007

Here is a great post from Pirul:
Pirul wrote:The macro I use looks something like:

If Mana >= XX
Cast [adequate spell for skill lvl]
wait for target
If HP >= 80
target self
Pause 1 sec
[Restock Agent]
End if
End if
Pause 1 sec
If Mana <= YY
Use skill Med
pause 4 secs
say "[anything]"
End if
Pause 1 sec

Short and simple. Might need a small change in the pauses here and there, but you should be able to tell if you're getting hung up at any point.

Only trick is getting XX and YY right for your correct level of meditation. YY is your "sweet spot" for meditation + 5. Your "sweet spot" is the amount of mana you should have when you start meditating to increase your chance of gain. XX is your sweet spot + the mana the spell you're casting uses - 10. How to get the "sweet spot" right? The formula to find the "sweet spot" of when to meditate is: sweet spot = 100-((INT/100)*(med skill/100)*100). Update XX and YY every 3 or 4 whole point gains of meditation.

Some additional observations:
- You should always create your magery characters with 50 Magery / 50 Meditation (0 Resist!!), and 10 STR / 60 INT / 10 DEX
- Use a herding macro overnight to increase STR / INT / DEX (when dex gets to 25, lock it, it's faster to have 100 INT while you train magery/med/resist, plus you can always switch these around without too much trouble)
- If your STR / INT are still not 100 / 100, buy an axe, go lumberjack some trees, create some kindling from the logs, and use camping until you have 100 STR. If you herded all night long you should have around 85 - 90 herding skill and around 90 STR / 95 INT (at the lowest), thus camping / lumberjacking should take you no more than 30 mins to get to 100 STR (don't worry too much about INT at this point).
- Find an NPC (I use a guard in a low traffic town) and macro Eval Int on him. Not only will this help your resist gains, it will also help you get to 100 INT. Try to get Eval at least into the 80's, preferably GM before starting the macro.
- Get 250 - 300gps and buy Resist from the Mage Guildmaster NPC in your town, you should now have around 28 resist.
- For this next step, find a friend to help you. Cast fire field (outside of town, obviously) and run along it as fast, and as much as you can. Have your friend heal you (the greater heal spell works best here because it acts faster than healing with bandages) so you can run longer along the FF. Rinse, repeat. This will take 30 minutes, and will put you at 55 resist, but will stop there, so no need to try to go above 55. You should need about 30 FF regs, and 250-300 Greater Heal regs. This can also be done solo, however, you're probably going to need more regs and time.

Now for the macro:
- Starting from 50 magery / 50 med, you're going to need aprox. 1k lightining regs, 3k e-bolt regs and 5k FS regs to GM both magery and meditation (provided you update XX and YY at least every 5 skill point gains in meditation).
- Have a secondary character healing, so you don't waste regs / mana (time) in the gaining process
- At first you're magery is going to shoot up much faster than your med, however it will catch up eventually.
- Your resist should end up close to 92 when you're done with this.
- Cast lightning until you reach the low 60's, e-bolt until the low 80's, FS all the way to GM. Some people will say: cast lightning to exactly 61.7 and e-bolt to precisely 82.1...that's rubbish. If your e-bolt regs only got you to 81.5, you can start there. If you're at 82.1 and still have e-bolt regs, go through them, you'll still gain a bit more, and you already had them budgeted (obviously the same applies for lightning).
- You can afk macro this in relative safety in a small house, just put both the characters (the caster/gainer and the healer) in the exact center tile of the house (and be sure the door is locked, of course). The only chance of dying, is if someone actually manages to pull off damaging you with an EQ at the split second between your HP check and when you actually take the damage from your cast. Trust me, it's hard to pull that off.
- To GM resist you are going to need about 7 - 8k additional FS regs (ouch, I know).
- If you already GMed magery and med, and only want resist, put XX = 100, YY = 65, and the pause after meditating up to 9 seconds, and delete the med breaking speech.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12