No
63%

Total votes: 67

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

!status

Post by Kabal »

Whats your opinion on the current state of the shard?
Last edited by Kabal on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Is the shard dead

Post by Samorite »

I would hope not, Just spent 4 months building up my toons and still enjoying the game

Working on a tank mage now so a can hit a bit of pvp and when I have sussed that will make a pk'er

So its still new for me

:)

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

I sincerely think so.

UO in general has reached the tail-end of its consumer base. Not a lot of people play anymore.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

I dont want to vote but I'm in the same boat, just made chars/gold and having fun. I think this server needs new blood anyway and a new attitude. maybe more new players and less vets would do that.

uo has a OK player base still, I would guess there still over 1500 active ie everyday players and maybe a few more 1000 on-off players. some like new style servers, some like retro, some like custom. I think as long as there people like me that find many new games, although beautiful don't have any freedom, very one goal style games, or fixed races/classes/''skills''. don't get me wrong I like call of duty and things like that but not many MMOs are like UO. Lord of the rings online could of been great but they missed the mark by making it just quest based no real pvp freedom or thought. lots of mmos are korean crap all based of the same ideas/action bar/stat bar etc ''free to play'' but pay out the ass to be any good....

I still play starcraft, unreal torny (original not the new shit), counter strike, AOE1-3 etc lol.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Unfortunately it isn't dead despite my efforts to grief as many people as possible.

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Pac wrote:Unfortunately it isn't dead despite my efforts to grief as many people as possible.
You managed to get Derrick to down vote your forum karma 4 times in a row.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I'd say people don't log in and sit in houses because they can die now.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Then downgrade to a brick house, You have to adapt.

I came back two weeks ago from a long hiatus. Since then I've seen blues farming more now then I did in 2010. Ive seen active PK groups, and Ive seen 40 people come to a lord Dupre event.

What I have noticed, to the detriment of the shard, is that people are using every possible option available to avoid death. Ancient Wyrm ledge, the ledge in Cyclops valley, Boats at bloods and Cove dragons. and huge 1 tile dragon bombs. This is because people have spent years learning.

If you feel the server is starting to wane then it is probably because you've simply been playing for too long. Take a break and come back in a few months. Let all your stuff IDOC so when you come back you start with near nothing but your characters so that you can set goals again.

I'm having fun, and plenty of other people are too. You can say the shards dieing when there are large open swaths of land.
[broken image]

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

tekai wrote:

If you feel the server is starting to wane then it is probably because you've simply been playing for too long. Take a break and come back in a few months. Let all your stuff IDOC so when you come back you start with near nothing but your characters so that you can set goals again.

I'm having fun, and plenty of other people are too. You can say the shards dieing when there are large open swaths of land.
Yep, Just came back for the first time in 2+ years. I am enjoying things very much!

MeisterMaiden

Post by MeisterMaiden »

what do you mean with dead? There is always 400-500 Player online..

50 Ways To Loot Another

Grandmaster Era Accuracy

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

MeisterMaiden wrote:what do you mean with dead? There is always 400-500 Player online..
to be fair, dont you think that is more like 200-250 unique's as many people typically have 2-3 clients logged in?

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

nope!

I am still playing and enjoying just as much as I did eight months ago. Yea I am new but so what?

and also: you cant expect there to be THOUSANDS of players.. UO is way over a decade old and is a game that is not easy for people to just jump into and party down

fuck yea second age!

GrandmastahSexi

Post by GrandmastahSexi »

What a stupid poll.. Id say the forums are dead, most of the people that play the shard dont log on to forums.. Atleast the 10 people in my guild dont.

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Shard is fine.

I see people everywhere, dunno why you say its dead...
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

GrandmastahSexi

Post by GrandmastahSexi »

Xandorf wrote:Shard is fine.

I see people everywhere, dunno why you say its dead...
Yup, seriously.. If you don't login and play, then the shard is dead to you.. :)