Fixed: Boat Mechanics

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Fixed: Boat Mechanics

Post by fooka03 »

REPORTED ISSUE: Boats cannot get as close as they should to each other.

ISSUE DETAILS: Currently there's a 2 tile gap between them and the only case this should be is when their masts are lined up perfectly. Standing on one's gangplank should bring them right next to the boat in any other case. There are multiple cases where it is said that the only safe place to stack things on your boat is directly behind the mast, this is currently not the case.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: At sea.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Bring two boats together.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Boats should be able to be one tile away in all cases except when the masts line up (the rigging prevents the boats from getting any closer)

DATE REPORTED: 26 Jan 2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 02 Feb 2009
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Derrick

Re: Boat Mechanics

Post by Derrick »

Thanks, looking into this. I think this may also be related to the problem of not being able to dock boats becuase the deck is not clear, when that's actually not the case.

Thanks!

DoomCraft

Re: Fixed: Boat Mechanics

Post by DoomCraft »

There is some kind of boat bug/exploit going around now after the release of this.

All of my boats are getting looted, including everything in the hold. I do not have any keys laying around publicly, these boats have also been on the water for up to 2 months without any problems.

It makes me wonder if there is either a problem with the decay timer now or if someone has found a way to get on board without any commands, because the boats never move from their spots.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Where were these boats located? Were they next to shore or out at sea?

Perhaps someone snooped your pack and recalled off your key while you weren't paying attention?

Edit: Also, what size boats were they?
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

DoomCraft

Post by DoomCraft »

They were both small dragon ships.

The keys were never moved into my pack, both were always kept in my bank box as they were stationary boats. They were never unlocked and never had other boats near them, if I was near. The only way anyone could have ever been able to get on my boat while I was there was when I would refresh the boats by opening the plank. I never had anyone near me during those times.

I also tested the ability to get onto my boats with another one (After my first had been looted). The first boat had some items near the mast and toward the front, both out of reach from other boats (Tested). The second boat had items on the deck in the same places and on both sides of the mast, also several items within the hold.

Both boats were never dry docked, one being in britain near the bridge and the second being out to sea. The one near the bridge was looted first, so I naturally thought someone had found a way to get on it through some sort of land exploit. That boat was in the same spot as it always was when I noticed it looted. The second boat out at sea was looted almost a day after the first one, also never moving from its spot.

What makes me think it might be a decay problem is the fact that they had never moved from their original positions. However, I also noticed several other boats in town that were not capable of having boats near them, retaining their items on the decks.

Either way, I can assure you with 100% certainty that nobody has access to these boats nor have any way of getting on board with the keys. I have also never gated off these boats, as I keep too much stuff on them.

Hope these details help pin down what it was.

DoomCraft

Post by DoomCraft »

I just did another test and I did find a way where it is possible to loot everything off a small dragon ship. However, I cannot figure out how the hold was looted as well. If it wasn't for that, I don't think this would be an issue.