Low level hunting help.

Topics related to Second Age
ryanandrewmartin

Low level hunting help.

Post by ryanandrewmartin »

Not sure where this goes but I looked around and couldn't find a good location guide for hunting/grinding. I've been away from UO for a really long time and have forgotten where to go for skill level-appropriate hunting. My new char is a warrior and I can pretty much run the spawn in any gy. Where to now?

Orion GM B^D

Re: Low level hunting help.

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Have you tried the first levels of a dungeon? Chaos or Shame come to mind
as good mid range dex chars.

My advise while working the 1st levels of those, is to be macroing
a bard at the zoo or other location. Dexers are fun, but with a bard,
you can target much greater monsters with much better loot.
This is turn will allow you to save gold to work magery...etc.

When you are ready to start working magery, let me know and
I will let you use a small I dont, to work it safe.

Welcome to UOSA and Good Luck!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

krossus

Post by krossus »

Let me know if you need help with larger "spawns" and i'll bring my bard along to help you. We can split the loot 50/50. Private message me the days/time that is best for you.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

There are plenty of low level hunting grounds. Unfortunately PK's will run through most of them.

Some of the one's I'd do, but keep a finger on my recall macro button are:

City of the Dead, North of Delucia (a personal favorite)
Wrong, upper level, or the Ogre Lord room with EV scrolls (and sufficient mana if you have it)
Shame level 2 (air elementals)
Deceit Liches and Fire Elementals on the same level as lich lords, but on the west side of the dungeon
Yew Liches...of course, just bank every 3-4k
If your dexxer is done (meaning high resist) and have enough magery, can rock VERY good equipment and are relatively skilled, then Wind is also a good option. Take on the liches and then do the deamons. You should be able to pick them off one by one with good enough gear and a solid strategy.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

ryanandrewmartin

I'll give that a shot. Thanks a lot. :D

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

I say Shame level 1 and then level 2 when you get higher into 70s skill or so?

you can GM all your melee related skills from wind elementals on level 2, and the earth elementals on level 1 offer great nooby fighting chances. Plus there are scorpions which poison, so you can heal poison too. I wouldnt recommend farming scorps for a newby though. Stick to the earth elementals.

Shame is great because of all the money you can make there. Theres a good chance PKs will roll through, but it adds to the excitement, and you should be learning to dodge PK attempts at this time anyway. Recall scroll in bag and 1 handed or two hander is the best way, since off hands and shields take too much time to unequip. Make a macro for casting the scroll and targeting your rune.

remember, when you die try not to freak out. This game is extremely frustrating for newer people who have basically nothing; getting PKed and set back 10 minutes feel seriously shitty. Don't let it get to you. The reality is that you haven't lost that much (make sure you bank at good amounts of gold, ~5k or 10k if u feel crazy).

Other places mentioned are great, but my personal fav is shame. Outside is the yew mtn range and there are sheep scattered all over ( and in yew) so you can farm bandages if you run back and forth. My first farming character, after a fletcher, was a bard/dexxer and he farmed this place non stop making like 30k a day. I lost 15k piles of gold sometimes, and had to do the town run sometimes too since I had no back ups to TP and rez etc. But just stick to it and you'll have more than enough gold to support a mage or a PK hallymage or whatever.

Tyrese Jackson

Post by Tyrese Jackson »

The desert in the lost lands is a good place also. Cyclops, Ettins, Orcs, Stone Gargoyles, Stone Harpies, Fire Ellies and Efreets can all be taken out pretty easy as long as you are using bandaids every 20 seconds or so.

Couple reasons I suggest this place is that it is fairly close to Papua and you rarely see a PK in that area as long as you stay away from the orphidean Lair.

ryanandrewmartin

Thanks for the info. I was just a casual player when I stopped playing like 6-7 years ago so a lot of this stuff has been completely erased from my memory. Haha. I could use a little help with a recall to/from Shame/Brit if anyone has a sec.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Agree with Shame 1. Earth ellies.

nightfishing

Post by nightfishing »

If you don't want to go into a dungeon, there are a couple above ground locations that are pretty nice for newer characters.

I liked the desert of Compassion. Lots of earth elementals and scorpions. The scorpions vastly sped up my healing gains after I hit 60. The earths will do a number on your armor pretty quick but they are so numerous that you can buy more armor regularly without breaking the bank. There are a lot of houses there so it's easy to run around a wall and hide if you get mobbed.

The three peninsulas (peninsulae?) northeast of Vesper are crawling with ogres, ettins, reapers, bandit/orc/ratmen camps, gargoyles, and air elementals. I made enough for my first small in about 2 days just combing that area. The only people I saw out there were macroing in their houses. The reapers, gargoyles, and elementals were pretty nice for resist as well.

PM me if you want some runes to these locations.
[23:59] <notorious> STFU NAPKIN YOURE NEW
[23:59] <[napkin]> lol
[23:59] <notorious> STOP NAMEDROPPING