The Population has been great.

Topics related to Second Age
Halbu

The Population has been great.

Post by Halbu »

When entering the world the 700+ population shown on the website is certainly reflected by the amount of players you see playing actively! I even saw it hit 800+ a few days ago around 6:00pm. This is excellent, even though I've been inactive for the past few months I am quite glad to see this.

Just letting all the forum pvpers and lurkers know you should log in and enjoy the spike in population. I believe many quit and joined from another server, just shows that UOSA continues to prevail as other shards diminish.

illmatic

Re: The Population has been great.

Post by illmatic »

Ya I have noticed this population spike. Can't roll solo pvping anymore.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Ya, cA must be slipping to allow the population to get this large!

Not enough noob plundering/griefing to cause massive rage quit...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

FishinPro wrote:Ya, cA must be slipping to allow the population to get this large!

Not enough noob plundering/griefing to cause massive rage quit...
So much tangible benefit! WTF.

xvsanx

Post by xvsanx »

any way to tell what percent of the clients are a 2nd/3rd account?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You can go to IRC and type !status and you'll get how many unique IPs. Not a guarantee of how many people have really logged on, but should be close.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I noticed last night total clients was ~775 and unique IPs were just under 500.

Not too shabby. Still seems like a lot of people AFK or not on screen with anyone else though.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Freight Elevator wrote:I noticed last night total clients was ~775 and unique IPs were just under 500.

Not too shabby. Still seems like a lot of people AFK or not on screen with anyone else though.

Most of these people are probably new so many will be macroing skills up...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

could be all be because of the facebook posts that are actually popping up lately from UOSA?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

They only pop-up for you because you went on the uosa website. I have the same with the window company I work for. Damn google ad sense or whatever it is.

Anyway, really happy to see the population up, wish I had time to play and not just troll the forums.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

That's a lot of players!

This have been UO since 1998, plenty of afk macroing and more than OSI since it's legal.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Halbu wrote:
That's a lot of players!

This have been UO since 1998, plenty of afk macroing and more than OSI since it's legal.
Point is that the population is up 250-300 on average since I started playing and I've seen no difference in game.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Ive seen a big difference, looking forward to more!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Jakar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jakar »

Population seems great to me. I see people all over the place. I do notice there seems to be more carebears than pvpers by a large margin though.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Jakar wrote:Population seems great to me. I see people all over the place. I do notice there seems to be more carebears than pvpers by a large margin though.

sooo anybody who doesn't actively PvP is a carebear? *wry grin*

I've taken my share of dirt naps. When I am prepared I do try to engage PvPers. And i don't think it's a sign of weakness to fight in groups. Pks do it all the time, and I have a lot of respect for the PvP'ers out there. I just cannot contend 1v1, but in real life would you really just lay down and let anybody put a beatdown on you just cause you have an ego? I think not, i'd fight for my life!

*Raises Staff* Rally Round and vanquish evil!