Considering Joining THIS SERVER PVP questions

Topics related to Second Age
amtothepm

Considering Joining THIS SERVER PVP questions

Post by amtothepm »

I am currently active on another UO emulator but a little disappointed in the PVP aspect of that shard.. I was wondering how active is the PVP scene on this shard and how many players are typically on during peak hours?
Thanks for any replies...

Merk

Re: Considering Joining THIS SERVER PVP questions

Post by Merk »

I'm just starting back up on the shard, but lately you're looking at an upwards of 1,000 players on during peak times.

As far as I know, PvP is pretty active. I'm sure you'll get more accurate answers on this one soon, though.
Characters : Merk
Bonkard

amtothepm

Post by amtothepm »

wow that's like double the amount of active players on the other shard I've been playing since June.... I did try to log-in last

night to check it out, but had issues... i.e. [the window crashed everytime I tried to finish creating a character]. Hopefully I'll

be able to fix this issue tonight. A lot of PVP in the dungeons or anywhere in particular?

Merk

Post by Merk »

amtothepm wrote:wow that's like double the amount of active players on the other shard I've been playing since June.... I did try to log-in last

night to check it out, but had issues... i.e. [the window crashed everytime I tried to finish creating a character]. Hopefully I'll

be able to fix this issue tonight. A lot of PVP in the dungeons or anywhere in particular?
Wherever loot is to be had - you'll find PKs soon enough (or they'll find you, I should say).

I had a similar issue. If you're running Windows 7, right-click on the razor shortcut you use to launch the game, go to properties. Click over to the compatibility tab, and set it to Windows XP SP 2. This should correct your freezing issue.
Characters : Merk
Bonkard

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

The big and only negative imo of the PvP is the mage insta-hit. Era Accurate? Yes. Balanced? No.

amtothepm

Post by amtothepm »

a mexican wrote:The big and only negative imo of the PvP is the mage insta-hit. Era Accurate? Yes. Balanced? No.
the other shard I play is pretty much dominated by bola-tamers ["pvp" template that I'm not really a fan

of] sounds like I'm gonna have to give this a go!

amtothepm

Post by amtothepm »

Merk wrote:
amtothepm wrote:wow that's like double the amount of active players on the other shard I've been playing since June.... I did try to log-in last

Wherever loot is to be had - you'll find PKs soon enough (or they'll find you, I should say).

I had a similar issue. If you're running Windows 7, right-click on the razor shortcut you use to launch the game, go to properties. Click over to the compatibility tab, and set it to Windows XP SP 2. This should correct your freezing issue.

cool! thank you very much! hopefully I can get started in the right direction. would love to play a tank-mage competively

within the next few weeks. gonna have to make a dexxer to get loots from ettins and the sort!

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

a mexican wrote:The big and only negative imo of the PvP is the mage insta-hit. Era Accurate? Yes. Balanced? No.
The problem isn't insta-hit, rather it's the hally cycle bug which is abused to the max by most mages. Even with this annoyance, this server still rocks.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

http://www.uosecondage.com/Stats

It's typically 700-800 clients online at peak hours (naturally some are multi-clienting players). There is pvp but sometimes you have to go look for it.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

UOSA has a good pvp scene. If you stand around in dungeons, pks show up. Walk around GY and the woods north opf it and you either find pvp or it finds you. Cities have pvp for dexers at times, but mages mainly pvp in dungeons, guild houses/player towns and GY. Occasionally you can find friendly/no loot/no mount dueling at certain "duel spots" such as MYM arena(player-run town), PCP Tower ect.

Here's some recent screenshots. All of these fights didn't take very long to find. You won't see any group fights in my SS since I'm mainly solo but they exist.

1v2 pks in good ol' Destard.

Me ganking a TG(one of the older pk/grief guilds)

1v3 gankers and healers!:

Some players respect 1v1's and won't blue heal or heal their guild mates during 1v1. Wait a minute is that Sin Cloud about to heal his guild mate ? 8)

1v1

Mage vs dexer.

1v1 with spectators, people not blue healing. Nice

1v1 guild war, with another guy spectating respecting the 1v1.

1v1 guild war

1v1 red

And the grand finale! A large battle, red vs blue.( This is not my screenshot, credit goes to Light Shade.)Image

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

amtothepm: were you playing on Hybrid by chance? I played there a bit, could not get into the pvp at all