House raided

Topics related to Second Age
Feenicks

House raided

Post by Feenicks »

Hello I need to know how something just happened. I quite stupidly had my house key and local rune to my house on me whilst in Brit Blacksmith. I got attacked by purple pots from 3 diff chars at once so they got my key and rune. I rezzed and got back to my house and found 2k BM nicked and a few weaps. No big deal. Changed the locks and went temporarily afk. 5 minutes later I noticed 2 of the killers outside the house trying to get in but couldnt cuz of change of locks. They then both walked off. I went afk again and came back like 20 minutes later and there were 3 people in my house and Ive been looted clean dry of about 20k regs, loads of magic weaps etc. How on earth has that happened? Can only think that one of them may have been hiding in there but if that was the case, why didnt that person just go and open door from inside whilst the other 2 were outside. Is there any other way of them doing it?

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House raided

Post by Nystal »

Feenicks wrote:Can only think that one of them may have been hiding in there but if that was the case, why didnt that person just go and open door from inside whilst the other 2 were outside. Is there any other way of them doing it?
This is all I can think of as well, I know hindsight is a wonderful thing and all that, but Detect Hidden is 100% in your house no matter the skill, when in doubt - use it. Table Barriers are also great for keeping anyone away from your good stuff.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Feenicks

Post by Feenicks »

If you're not friended to a house and get in and log out. You log back in outside don't you? There's definitely nobody in now (not that that is a consolation).

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

True or False: if an item is locked down or in a secure container, there's no way for a non-owner or non-friend to take the item from the house?

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

Budner wrote:True or False: if an item is locked down or in a secure container, there's no way for a non-owner or non-friend to take the item from the house?
True, locked down containers are fair game to empty out though.

Also yes, if they are not friended and log out they get kicked outside. (You can use that as a combat move if you were really fast about it :P)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

He was most likely hiding inside, and he did not open the door because you would have noticed him and banned him and they would have lost their opportunity, so they recalled away to give you a false sense of safety.

For tips on house security, be sure to check this guide.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Feenicks

Post by Feenicks »

Thanks guys, (very expensive) lesson learnt. Need to work towards getting it all back now *sigh* FYI for those interested.

It was Morris Code, Sarah, French Kisser and Hoity Toity

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Feenicks wrote:Thanks guys, (very expensive) lesson learnt. Need to work towards getting it all back now *sigh* FYI for those interested.

It was Morris Code, Sarah, French Kisser and Hoity Toity
Congrats to them all!

Feenicks

Post by Feenicks »

lol chumbucket. in all honesty as fucking infuriating as it is, this is the very reason I joined uosa and not any other. they ruined it when they introduced insurance et al. Ill work to get it back don't worry.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Why do so many people come to UOSA and tell us that they came here to be cheated, humiliated, raped, and defecated on?

Most of the other games, people atleast lie and say they joined for the community...not here. Here it's **bend over** "Okay, ready!"
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

GuardianKnight wrote:Why do so many people come to UOSA and tell us that they came here to be cheated, humiliated, raped, and defecated on?

Most of the other games, people atleast lie and say they joined for the community...not here. Here it's **bend over** "Okay, ready!"
Most likely because ever since UO (With some notable exceptions like Darkfall and EVE) most mmorpgs have involved being treated with kid gloves. "You died? Aww thats alright, how bout your punishment is just running back to your corpse. Maybe to be mean heres a repair bill".

Sporting equivalent would be preferring full contact kickboxing over semi :)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Play Day Z....you run around, scrounging for resources (regs). You find a car (horse). You die from zombies (monster spawn) and you get killed by other survivors ( pks) and then they loot everything you had.

I swear, it's the same game, but not 2d or fantasy.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

GuardianKnight wrote:Play Day Z....you run around, scrounging for resources (regs). You find a car (horse). You die from zombies (monster spawn) and you get killed by other survivors ( pks) and then they loot everything you had.

I swear, it's the same game, but not 2d or fantasy.
Maybe, if non consensual PVP was the only aspect of UO. As of now it's the only real aspect of Day Z. Ultima Online, however, offers much more. PvM, crafting, trading, consensual pvp, civilized social interactions, thievery, etc...

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

wrathofjo wrote:
consensual PVP ... consensual pvp, etc...
mmm ya...talk dirty to us!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

:wink: