Mining or lumberjack

Topics related to Second Age
freakystuff25

Mining or lumberjack

Post by freakystuff25 »

Hello,
How many ingots can u get per hour with GM mining and multiple pack horse in a secluded location?

How many lumbers per hour for GM lumberjack?

Feel free to discuss.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mining or lumberjack

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you drag dropped the ore you really don't need packhorses, you would however need a gate. That's why I made my mule build with stealth and magery to mine spots no one mines at amidst spawn. This way you can carry more tools as well and super macro mine. You can do the same thing with lumber, just make them boards before dropping them to relative location at a certain weight and then drag drop manually. The amount of ore and lumber is really defined by a lot of factors.

I am in the process of this...

Magery
Meditation 80
Hide
Stealth
Evaluating Intelligence 80
Lumberjacking
Blacksmithing
Tracking 40

The eval is just to clear low end spawn in case you want to move about quicker rather then stealth everywhere. Some spots are more dangerous then others. Even mounted though I hide when I stop to mine or cut trees.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

i make about 4000 boards an hour and 1200-1400 ingots an hour.

faber

Post by faber »

Just so you know, ingots sell for more than boards. Personally, I like mining better. I also have a stealth/hiding miner build. It's handy sometimes.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Stealth is genius. I use hiding on my miner but i just run and hide every several squares until i hit a new ore vein. Might add stealth but currently way too lazy. PS I noob mine on the side of a mountain and using a small cave with 4 veins or regular ore inside. I do about 500-600 iron ingots per half hour with a few higher level ores sprinkled on top.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think when you are dragging heavy ore it disappears from others view. So even if it eats your stam you can still take a step once in a while with stealth in case someone shows up. Not totally sure, I am guessing. I never been on the other side of things.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I know if you are holding the ore it is not visible so yeah if another player or worse, a red, shows up, you can hope they won't notice by lifting the ore and waiting for them to pass.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

a red that pks miners.... tsk tsk.