best weapons - pvp and pvm

Topics related to Second Age
dubbie_and_F.a.T.

best weapons - pvp and pvm

Post by dubbie_and_F.a.T. »

whats the best weapons to use for pvm and pvp ... mace, archery, swords or fencing? does mace drains stamina of the oponent?

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: best weapons - pvp and pvm

Post by Ragancy »

Swords:
Hally, katana, broadsword

Macing:
Q-staff, war axe

Fencing:
War fork, kryss, long spear, short spear (basically all fencing weapons are useful)

For PVM doesn't matter as much - I would say broadswords are best because power+ broadswords are effective and cheap.

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

^^
That analysis is pretty good, but the rest of the weapon types are good for PVP also as long as they have thunder or deamons breath charges. They add quite a bit of damage.
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You should basically always use swords. Maces are lame, and do low damage for pvm. For PvP, the stamina-drain effect is pointless because everyone will have a keg of total refreshes, or recall if they don't. The Q staff is "okay", but it's 2 handed, meh.

Fencing is just all around lame. No point in doing it basically ever. The kryss is only marginally worse than the katana, but it's also just as pricey. The two spears are decent, but nowhere on par with the swords weapons. The war fork is just about only good vs dexers in heavy armor (of which there are very few, and if you do encounter one, you can make up the deficit using swords because of the cheap magics and the fact that most players are idiots and don't have the proper supplies to fight).

Swords has the hardest hitter (hally), the fastest (katana) reasonably damaging weapon, and broadswords which are decent and super cheap as a balron always drops a magical one. You should always do swords, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

So, the answer to both of your questions is "Swords".

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

MatronDeWinter wrote: Fencing is just all around lame. No point in doing it basically ever. The kryss is only marginally worse than the katana, but it's also just as pricey. The two spears are decent, but nowhere on par with the swords weapons. The war fork is just about only good vs dexers in heavy armor (of which there are very few, and if you do encounter one, you can make up the deficit using swords because of the cheap magics and the fact that most players are idiots and don't have the proper supplies to fight).
I seem to recall a test where the short spear ended up doing the most damage over time of any weapon. I think this was against no AR. I believe this test was from our era but I'm not 100% sure if that's how it is on this server.

Tom

Post by Tom »

MatronDeWinter wrote:You should basically always use swords. Maces are lame, and do low damage for pvm. For PvP, the stamina-drain effect is pointless because everyone will have a keg of total refreshes, or recall if they don't. The Q staff is "okay", but it's 2 handed, meh.

Fencing is just all around lame. No point in doing it basically ever. The kryss is only marginally worse than the katana, but it's also just as pricey. The two spears are decent, but nowhere on par with the swords weapons. The war fork is just about only good vs dexers in heavy armor (of which there are very few, and if you do encounter one, you can make up the deficit using swords because of the cheap magics and the fact that most players are idiots and don't have the proper supplies to fight).

Swords has the hardest hitter (hally), the fastest (katana) reasonably damaging weapon, and broadswords which are decent and super cheap as a balron always drops a magical one. You should always do swords, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

So, the answer to both of your questions is "Swords".
So if I was running a Dexxer with a group you would you still recommend Swords over Macing?

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Tom wrote:So if I was running a Dexxer with a group you would you still recommend Swords over Macing?
In group swords is king. It has fastest weap and biggest hitter. In group fighting you would generally want to go with the Hally for huge burst damage.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Ragancy wrote:
Tom wrote:So if I was running a Dexxer with a group you would you still recommend Swords over Macing?
In group swords is king. It has fastest weap and biggest hitter. In group fighting you would generally want to go with the Hally for huge burst damage.
Cycle it. Works best in goup fights or ganks. Basically any situation where you're not the target.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Ragancy wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote: Fencing is just all around lame. No point in doing it basically ever. The kryss is only marginally worse than the katana, but it's also just as pricey. The two spears are decent, but nowhere on par with the swords weapons. The war fork is just about only good vs dexers in heavy armor (of which there are very few, and if you do encounter one, you can make up the deficit using swords because of the cheap magics and the fact that most players are idiots and don't have the proper supplies to fight).
I seem to recall a test where the short spear ended up doing the most damage over time of any weapon. I think this was against no AR. I believe this test was from our era but I'm not 100% sure if that's how it is on this server.

I remeber short spears being the most used and effective against Mages and the War fork was best vs Warriors.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I do extremely well with these 2 templates:

100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Macing
100 Hiding

OR

100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Fencing
100 Poisoning

Stats as 100/90/35, 95/95/35, 100/85/40, etc.. really depends on how good you are.

Barely get killed, most fights end in my opponents recalling when they run out of cure or refresh pots. People on this shard are always going to recall, regardless to if I use swordsmanship or not, in fact macing at times can make it extremely hard for someone to recall just by stamina burn.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Throw more purple pots.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Is that your answer for EVERYTHING!?!
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Name a situation that can't be improved by more explosions.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Malaikat wrote:Name a situation that can't be improved by more explosions.
They are great for warriors all the time, but not mages.

People who spam explos on a mage instead of timing them with spells are morons. And yes I've met quite a few explo spammers, the only counter is to LOS it by running around a house or teleporting so it hits them instead. It never kills someone who knows what they're doing, too bad people have no clue how to time spells else they wouldn't need to pvp in such mediocre ways.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Macing
Swords
Poisoning
Healing
Tactics 80
Anatomy 80
Resist
Magery 40

If you got a lot of magic items laying around :wink:
Cut back on your DP uses this way and be a complete resource sponge
40 mage just for reliable 4th/5th circle scroll use

Magic Reflection saves lives
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.