Griefing shadowclan

Topics related to Second Age
Velgamog

Griefing shadowclan

Post by Velgamog »

I still don't know why we are being treated so poorly on this server by various guilds.... we encounter griefers on a daily basis who show up to give us murder counts and dryloot us whenever they can, and afterwards make fun of our ghosts, saying they are taking our stuff to trash it. if you enjoy battling with shadowclan orcs (and your repeated visits would suggest that you do) why are you trying to drive us away from this server ? would you prefer an empty orc fort ?

yesterday was particularly harsh. several of our members cannot join fights due to stat loss concerns, leaving us unable to offer much resistance to people who come looking for a fight. already our playstyle here is running into a number of issues, and griefers are making it so much worse for us.

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Griefing shadowclan

Post by Whitley »

Sorry you guys are having trouble. Killing is one thing, but I agree the constant disrespect towards fellow players is completely unnecessary and is harmful to the shard. It's a shame but it appears many players here can't or won't grow up.

I for one enjoy having you guys here and hope you continue for a long time to come. We need more like the Shadowclan, not less....

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

devrandom wrote:
I for one enjoy having you guys here and hope you continue for a long time to come. We need more like the Shadowclan, not less....
This, I was involved in a housetrade last night when one of your red (and likely stat) Orcs bravely attacked me before tactically withdrawing.

I decided not to take up the chase in case I'd ruin his day.

I don't understand people who get their kicks from griefing Orcs, seriously nothing better to do?
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Nystal wrote:nothing better to do?

That's a wrap boys.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

I enjoy the orcs and the idea, but if you can't find a way to work around the griefers then you might as well give up now and save yourself some time because they aren't going away.

Try keeping the expensive orc characters with support roles blue (mages, healers) and let the cheap grunt characters with swords and tactics take counts. It doesn't cost much to recreate a swords-and-tactics-only character from scratch, or to retrain a resurrected in stat character those skills.

If each of your participants had 1 support and 1 fighting character you could switch roles to spread out counts.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Wydstrin

Post by Wydstrin »

quite honestly counts and redness don't bother me, I have 4 orcs, they can res each other, etc. Macroing counts is easy enough. but when I am running solo in the forest with 20 aids, a club, crap ringmail and thigh boots, get sync dump'd, shit talked, drylooted and reskilled. its a bit excessive. now, I am an adult and realize that most of these morons probably are 2 inched, neckbeards that still live in their mothers basement. or their wife runs their lives and have to take it out on poor lil orcies, so it doenst really bother me much. I just hate having to restock crap items and weapons constantly for no reason. I understand when my reagents get looted, but npc orc looted ringmail?!

and if you have to bring in 2 ww to take out unmounted dexers... seriously, reevaluate your life.

btw I love this server. I played siege only on the production shards, so I get the whole lord of the flies thing thats going on here.

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Wydstrin wrote:and if you have to bring in 2 ww to take out unmounted dexers... seriously, reevaluate your life.
hax mandoo?

what do I win?

baublet
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by baublet »

Urk had to deal with all kinds of griefing, too. My advice is to be the bigger man. Don't grief back, don't take counts.

One way we dealt with screening was to raise a special troop of warg ryders, like Dabo and Lud'Krud, whose sole mission was to disrupt the lame-o masses of crappy tank mages that would come and dump on lone, unmounted urks, and screen when they took a sliver of damage.

Also, just macro shorts off while you play an orc on another account... I never had trouble with stat, and only had 2 urks (though I only played like 2 hours every couple of days, so that gave me lots of time to macro off shorts).

Griefing is unavoidable here, and often encouraged (tower/keep/castle targeting bug was left in). If Urk could deal with it, it's possible 8) (Oh, and don't think that having a count-free zone will help. People will just figure out where that zone starts and use it a like a guard zone, spamming you with EVs, BS, and wyrms.)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I agree that unfortunately the griefing will not stop. Keep in mind that UO is an almost 16 year old game. The only people left playing it are hard core lovers of UO, and people who have not found another game in which you can grief others as consistently, hard core, and with as little consecuence.

URK managed to play in spite of the grief. Maybe one of the old time URK can give you guys tips on how to play through it, and you guys can decide if you're willing to do it.

Personally I encourage all C^V members to interact with orcs in an RPish manner, and be respectful of their belongings, looting only what is needed to restock in case of need (regs, bandages) but leaving all non-necessities behind (ring mail armor, orc helms, etc.)

If you experience grief from C^V members, please bring it to my attention.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Pac

Post by Pac »

Funny that you call people who give you counts "griefers." I suppose if you didn't attack and kill blues that wouldn't happen. Again it seems that you're implying you need special rules to apply to your "Orcs."

What you described is no different that what every other player goes through in dungeons and graveyards on a daily basis on this shard.

baublet
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by baublet »

They're griefing when they stand around and sync on red orcs, ignoring RP by hurling a cacophony of sexist and racist slurs. Do you not expect them to defend themselves? Orcs have to protect their own from the insta-sync drop by blitzing suspect leet bro gangs. Counts suck, but c'est la vie.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Where can I find red orcs? Serious question, I just don't know where the spot is. I want to do battle, not grief.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Echoing what Pirul said, if any C^V give you grief you can also let me know. I rarely bother to loot anything from anyone, let alone Orcs. I try to always interact with the Orcs a bit when I see them and am more than happy to help them when I can.

As far as the griefing is concerned, Orcs have stealthers...figure out where the griefers live...steal everything they have. It'll make ya's feel better. :P

Just have one of your guys be a distraction while the rest run in and gut the places. Make sure they know via fanciful tales on the forums exactly why they were targeted, while keeping to the RP aspect of course. Eventually, they'll leave ya's alone as everybody will be laughing at them...and in turn helping you out. Its amazing what the UO bandwagon can accomplish if the "tales" are presented in the right light. Just ask "Hazy" how that goes.... :P

Anywho, keep up the good fight and start making friends with other guilds and hosting events and invasions with them. The more you get out there, the more people will recognize you. Keep at it and things will work out.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Blaise wrote:
Nystal wrote:nothing better to do?

That's a wrap boys.
So simple, yet, such a profound and truthful post.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Wydstrin

Post by Wydstrin »

Pac wrote:Funny that you call people who give you counts "griefers." I suppose if you didn't attack and kill blues that wouldn't happen. Again it seems that you're implying you need special rules to apply to your "Orcs."

What you described is no different that what every other player goes through in dungeons and graveyards on a daily basis on this shard.
I have no problem being red. let me give you a scenario.

Orcs are hanging out at the fort. its what we do. a couple of us red, a couple of us blue. Blue's come in and start attacking the reds, our blues go gray from healing friends and teammates. this goes on for 10 minutes or so. during this time the timers wear off and one of our blues attacks one of the folks that came in to fight us and initiated combat. An orc is then flagged as an aggressor to one of the blue humies. the blue humie dies, cuz, well we're orcs and thats what we do. The blue then has the option to count, and they do.

Now this is not like we went out and sought out newbs at BGY, or pk'd a bard on fire temple. we are fighting a skilled combatant who is prepared and wanting battle. The only reason they give a count is because they can. The flagging system for UO is not perfect, it has its flaws, but its what we have to work with. Plenty of people twink the system, much like they would do with Guard Zones. They did this on siege, and they do it here. Its just the way that UO is... Its ERA ACCURATE. but it doesnt mean that its good. Consensual PVP should not result in counting, that was not the intention of the Murder system. but unfortunatly its the way it works.
Casey wrote:
Wydstrin wrote:and if you have to bring in 2 ww to take out unmounted dexers... seriously, reevaluate your life.
hax mandoo?

what do I win?
The knowledge that his reputation must precede him. tamer lamer indeed.