Object Delay setting in Razor

Topics related to Second Age
Rykker

Object Delay setting in Razor

Post by Rykker »

It was recommended that I post this here to get more respones, so here goes.

What do most of you that PVP have your Object Delay set to under the More Options tab?

I always thought you wanted it at around 1000+ your ping to uosecondage.com. I know when it is below this it can cause issues with macros, but I am talking from strictly a PVP perspective.

I saw a video from Scienter where he had it at 0, but didn't really explain why. What is the benefit of having it at 0 during PVP as opposed to ~1100?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Object Delay setting in Razor

Post by Light Shade »

Rykker wrote:It was recommended that I post this here to get more respones, so here goes.

What do most of you that PVP have your Object Delay set to under the More Options tab?

I always thought you wanted it at around 1000+ your ping to uosecondage.com. I know when it is below this it can cause issues with macros, but I am talking from strictly a PVP perspective.

I saw a video from Scienter where he had it at 0, but didn't really explain why. What is the benefit of having it at 0 during PVP as opposed to ~1100?
If you're not mashing your keys and have the correct timing of hitting your hot keys and whatnot....Object Delay is unnecessary... That, however, takes discipline...which most UO PvP'ers do not have. So they keep smashing their keys down and holding them, and wonder why they're de-sync'd every 3rd step.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I use 0 objecy delay too and no auto-queue I think it's helpful in learning timing.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

ive done both prefer 0. I also don't use auto ques for targeting which some pvpers swear by.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

rule of thumb- automation hurts your pvping. manual is the best way.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

So I unchecked 'Auto Queue Object Delay Actions' and set it to 0.

I get weird behavior when this setting is unchecked. For instance, when I double click my key ring to unlock my door, open my door, lock with key ring, then close door, it sets my Last Object to the key ring, not the door. When this setting is checked, the last object in this case would be the door.

I get other weird behavior. If I double click a rune book, then open a container or something, the Last Object is set to the rune book, not the container.

Is this normal? Is this setting supposed to be checked but set at 0, or unchecked and set at 0?

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Everyone has their way of doing things... but auto-queuing was very ANNOYING to me. It was turned off very quickly.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon