Stable Master - Horses Disappearing

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Ordin

Stable Master - Horses Disappearing

Post by Ordin »

REPORTED ISSUE: The NPC stable masters threaten to 'sell off' my horse in one real time week. In actuality my horses disappear in about 12 hours.

ISSUE DETAILS: I keep two horses in the stables, and ride the other. I do a little pony express deal and swap 'em out when they get tired. I've lost 4 horses in two days.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Britain seems to be the largest offender for losing my horses, though Delucia has lost one. I also have not been feeding the horses, but they shouldn't disappear inside the stables, else they wouldn't make it the whole week eh?

STEPS TO RECREATE: Type 'stable', click on your horse. Come back between 12-24 hours. Viola, you just wasted 550g. Do this several times a week and you may even recreate my frustration

EXPECTED RESULTS: Your horses will run two feet before they tire out because you have no way of keeping the good ones.

DATE REPORTED: 2/24/09

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 2/24/09

Derrick

Re: Stable Master - Horses Disappearing

Post by Derrick »

We were able to find the missing horses, and although it wasn't determined for sure why they were not claimable where they were stabled, this may have been the result of a bug fixed a couple days ago:
Subject: Patch 89 - Feb 22, 2009: Makers Mark
  • Stable will fail on targeting if the stablemaster has moved outside of their stable
    • This fixes an issue where some pets were not being assigned to the correct stable when "stable" was said while the stablemaster was in the stable and the animal was targeted after the stablemaster had wandered outside.
I'll leave this report open for a bit to see if anyone else reports this problem.

Thanks!

Ordin

Post by Ordin »

So I just found out that stables aren't universal.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ahh. Yeah, mystery solved then. Sorry I didn't mention that when I met you this morning.

Each stable stands alone, and stable maxes are per stable.