Windows 7 tips?

Topics related to Second Age
Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Windows 7 tips?

Post by Ragancy »

So I upgraded to Windows 7 (from XP) and played some UO tonight for the first time in awhile. The game was chopping up like a MFer. It did not seem like lag but I could not keep up with groups and would consistently drop a lot of frames. It was playable but there was no way I could be competitive in pvp. Majorly gimped.

I'm running as Admin and have Razor running in XP compat mode.

It seemed to be worst when there was a lot of action on screen. I reinstalled the client to a different drive than my OS per suggestion in another thread but haven't tested it again.

Any other tips?

Workdawg

Re: Windows 7 tips?

Post by Workdawg »

Did you restart after install? I had a ton of trouble trying to play immediately because I was so excited. Tried a lot of stuff, eventually restarting fixed it.

SirPsychoSexy

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

I didn't have your specific issue with Windows 7, but, if you are sure you are running Razor in Compatibility Mode with XP SP3, and are running as Admin, you could try setting your Windows 7 theme from Aero to Basic.

I had issues where I was freezing to the point that I had to kill UO in Task Manager. I forget who suggested it, but I switched my Windows 7 theme from Aero to Basic and never had the issue again.
Reg Vendor located at Yealena's Trading Post
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=50712

IRC: SirPsycho

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

SirPsychoSexy wrote:I didn't have your specific issue with Windows 7, but, if you are sure you are running Razor in Compatibility Mode with XP SP3, and are running as Admin, you could try setting your Windows 7 theme from Aero to Basic.

I had issues where I was freezing to the point that I had to kill UO in Task Manager. I forget who suggested it, but I switched my Windows 7 theme from Aero to Basic and never had the issue again.

yea make sure that its 100% runnin xp mode sp3

I can only think of your net frame redistributable make sure those are up to date and installed on the system.

switched my Windows 7 theme from Aero to Basic this should make it posible to see the regs up top.. 'disable desktop composition' this does create alot of problems for uo.. but i know people that play with it on win7 bit 64 and no problems..

Prolly not this but worth checkin.. First Page in razor.. Use smart cpu reduktion. this should be unchecked.
Last edited by MajesticWire on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Sir, we're surrounded!” - “Excellent. Now we can attack in any direction!”

Majestic YouTube Channel
A Ulitma Online channel a tribute to Ultima Online! The Best game ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticUOIPY

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I have Win7 and it has always run really choppy. I get a lot of black tiles as well.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

Freight Elevator wrote:I have Win7 and it has always run really choppy. I get a lot of black tiles as well.
me to and i have no problems with lag or choppy.

Only ping lag :D

Im pretty sure that the black spots and choppy laag must be the old client and issues with thé updated razor

The newest version of razor does not seem to like the older versions of the client The solution can be - to set the client to 2D Client and check ON Patch client encryption.

I force razor to 1350*900
Last edited by MajesticWire on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Sir, we're surrounded!” - “Excellent. Now we can attack in any direction!”

Majestic YouTube Channel
A Ulitma Online channel a tribute to Ultima Online! The Best game ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticUOIPY

SirPsychoSexy

Post by SirPsychoSexy »

Freight Elevator wrote:I have Win7 and it has always run really choppy. I get a lot of black tiles as well.
Then I'd just double check that you have done the following:

-Run Razor in Compatibility Mode with XP SP3
-Run Razor as admin
-Uncheck 'Use smart CPU reduction' on the Razor main page
-Switch Windows 7 from Aero Theme to Basic

As for the black tiles - are you forcing a resolution in Razor above 800x600? I get a lot of screen tearing, black boxes, and grey on the edges when I do this. I never force resolution in Razor above 800x600.
Reg Vendor located at Yealena's Trading Post
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=50712

IRC: SirPsycho

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

MajesticWire wrote: The newest version of razor does not seem to like the older versions of the client The solution can be - to set the client to 2D Client and check ON Patch client encryption.
I'll look for this later tonight and see what I have checked..never paid attention to it in the past.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:-Run Razor in Compatibility Mode with XP SP3
-Run Razor as admin
-Switch Windows 7 from Aero Theme to Basic
Already done.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:As for the black tiles - are you forcing a resolution in Razor above 800x600? I get a lot of screen tearing, black boxes, and grey on the edges when I do this. I never force resolution in Razor above 800x600.
I don't care about the corners it's just the tiles mid-screen. I always figured it was packet loss or just from running wireless.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

I have trouble where the game just freezes for 5 seconds or so. Maybe 1-3 times per hour.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it??
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

FishinPro wrote:I have trouble where the game just freezes for 5 seconds or so. Maybe 1-3 times per hour.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it??
Yeah I have the same problem. Usually right when an EV is chasing me LOL. No idea how to fix it.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Then I'd just double check that you have done the following:

-Run Razor in Compatibility Mode with XP SP3
-Run Razor as admin

this fixes it everyone with win 7 must do it. if you dont know how..right click the shortcut icon to find options.