remove trap on dungeon chests

Topics related to Second Age
ttbimmer

remove trap on dungeon chests

Post by ttbimmer »

Hi, I have been macroing my thief, and I want to go explore and get my feet wet in this lockpicking business. my lockpicking skill is a little over 94, but my remove trap is only 28. I was wondering if this was enough to remove the trap on dungeon chests? I don't have any magery, so i cant cast telekinesis.

Thanks

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: remove trap on dungeon chests

Post by RoadKill »

My guess is with 28, you're going to get exploded a lot :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: remove trap on dungeon chests

Post by keelonzo »

Hiding + Stealth

After picking the lock, stealth to an adjacent tile and dbl click the chest - it will explode, but not damage you, and you will still be hidden - just make sure you are 2 tiles away! (one tile away from being adjacent to the chest)

Before I figured this out, I was using telekineses and then re-hiding then stealthing.... was such a pain in the ass! I stumbled upon this method by accident - then saw other LVL4 hunters exploding chests while hidden.

It will take you several attempts, but you should be able to pick a LVL4 easily, just use store bought/tinker-made picks because newbie picks will break (and I like to have at least a few newbie picks just in case)

.... the only use for your remove trap IMO is for lvl5 treasure chests.... someone else might want to chime in though, as I've never done one. ala this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36019