Help with template.

Topics related to Second Age
CaptKickBalls

Help with template.

Post by CaptKickBalls »

Ok, so I'm making a lockpicker. Which of these skills should I start at 50?

Lockpicking
Cartography
Magery
Musicianship
Provocation
Meditation
Hiding

Also, is this a good template?

Orion GM B^D

Re: Help with template.

Post by Orion GM B^D »

CaptKickBalls wrote:Ok, so I'm making a lockpicker. Which of these skills should I start at 50?

Lockpicking
Cartography
Magery
Musicianship
Provocation
Meditation
Hiding

Cartography/Lockpicking for 50/50 start. Buy the rest to 30. Herding for int/str. Then hit Glow Zoo for music/provo.
Dont carry anything with as you will die at least once from griefers to GM. When you are ready there is a runebook to
all 95-GM lockpicking spots at Trinny Stone Vendors [see sig]

Good luck!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

I would drop hiding for Eval Int. Provo takes awhile to kill mobs, and when it does it only kills 1. So having the extra bang on your magery spells is good for finishing off mobs. Just my 2 cents. I have 2 provo chars, one is straight provo with hiding and resist, the other is lockpick/cart, but with eval int and no hiding.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Abbynormal wrote:I would drop hiding for Eval Int. Provo takes awhile to kill mobs, and when it does it only kills 1. So having the extra bang on your magery spells is good for finishing off mobs. Just my 2 cents. I have 2 provo chars, one is straight provo with hiding and resist, the other is lockpick/cart, but with eval int and no hiding.
Are energy vortexes effected by Eval?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SirRobin

Post by SirRobin »

Vega wrote:
Abbynormal wrote:I would drop hiding for Eval Int. Provo takes awhile to kill mobs, and when it does it only kills 1. So having the extra bang on your magery spells is good for finishing off mobs. Just my 2 cents. I have 2 provo chars, one is straight provo with hiding and resist, the other is lockpick/cart, but with eval int and no hiding.
Are energy vortexes effected by Eval?
no

Also, to the OP, might want to consider 1 music when starting your char as to get hte newbie instrument. It's nice to have.

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

CaptKickBalls wrote:Ok, so I'm making a lockpicker. Which of these skills should I start at 50?

Lockpicking
Cartography
Magery
Musicianship
Provocation
Meditation
Hiding

I use that exact template. I go back and forth wishing I had wrestling instead of hiding some times.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I would've started 50 cart and either 50 magery or 50 provo.. (probably magery)

LP is easy to get up to 95.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

SirRobin wrote:Also, to the OP, might want to consider 1 music when starting your char as to get hte newbie instrument. It's nice to have.
This^ is invaluable
Boondock_Saint wrote:I would've started 50 cart and either 50 magery or 50 provo.. (probably magery)

LP is easy to get up to 95.
Yes, magery would be best, thanks for refining my answer.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Yeah start with 1 music so you get that coveted newbie instrument. Hope for a drum!
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

CaptKickBalls

Post by CaptKickBalls »

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I made my char with 50 lockpick and 50 Carto, should I redo it and make 'em have 50Carto/50Mage?
Abbynormal wrote:I would drop hiding for Eval Int. Provo takes awhile to kill mobs, and when it does it only kills 1. So having the extra bang on your magery spells is good for finishing off mobs.
I think I will take your advice. Thanks :D

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

CaptKickBalls wrote:Thank you everyone for your assistance. I made my char with 50 lockpick and 50 Carto, should I redo it and make 'em have 50Carto/50Mage?
Abbynormal wrote:I would drop hiding for Eval Int. Provo takes awhile to kill mobs, and when it does it only kills 1. So having the extra bang on your magery spells is good for finishing off mobs.
I think I will take your advice. Thanks :D
I wont, just make another char with .1 music for the instrument and whatever main skills for the char. It will cost a bit more on magery from 30 to 50, but really no big deal. Just use for reference for future chars.

Good luck!
Trinny Stone Vendors