UOSA poker league.. Is this legal, and is anyone interested?

Topics related to Second Age
Asan Drakus

UOSA poker league.. Is this legal, and is anyone interested?

Post by Asan Drakus »

What I want to do is setup a private UOSA room on party poker or some such site, and play for fake money. But we would play a tournament style poker game, and everyone puts up in-game gold, for the pot.

So my question is, would the admins of the shard have any problems with this? And, would the players of this shard be interested? If I can get a dozen or so interested parties I will get this up and rolling. Post here if you are down to play some poker for UOSA gold, and also post here if this is against the rules ;-)

***Keep in mind, this does not involve any sort of IRL cash changing hands.. we play on a F2P poker site using play money, and we all put up some UO gold to give us something to play for ! ***

Format:

Sit'N'Go single table tourney (possibly multi table if we have that much interest) no limit texas holdem game that pays being First (70%) Second (20%) and Third (10% = to original Buyin.) The buy in would be between 100k-1Mill in-game gold depending on what everyone agrees on, and this can change from game to game. For our rich UOSA poker lovers, we can have a high stakes every now and then, with a 1 mill+ buy in, and we can even play shorthanded with 4-6 players if everyone is ok with that, but myself as well as anyone else, generally prefers a full ring game.

Post here with your interest level, IRC nick, and what days/times would be best for you. Keep in mind that a 10 man tourney can take upwards of two hours sometimes.
N-C Pretty in Pink!

Dyne

Re: UOSA poker league.. Is this legal, and is anyone interes

Post by Dyne »

I'm definitely down for some no-limit hold-em.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I've checked this with Derrick previously and he said it is fine!

Pretty sure Derrick plays a bit of poker himself. I think he prefers 888.com from memory?
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Yessssssssssss
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I'd be down for this as long as the poker game itself remains outside the game. Don't need another rares set generated in-game so someone can bank off of it afterwards.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I'm in
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

advanced1
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by advanced1 »

I am def in... you should make it a cash game style as well, that way you can reload and cash out!
YewFriends wrote: Dont worry versair outside of evil people like Orni and Krypt theres alot of good in the game. Need anything hit me up.

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

Good idea ill see you all at the tables.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

advanced1 wrote:I am def in... you should make it a cash game style as well, that way you can reload and cash out!
I like tourny style better. There's nothing worse then someone winning a big hand n leaving, but, then again, it also takes forever and we all have real lives so its better to do it can so if someone has to go they can go.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Asan Drakus

Post by Asan Drakus »

Well, with the cash game style... it presents a bit of a problem. Since we buy in with UO gold, and play for fake money.

It is easier to do tourney style so I can get everyone's money, and there is 0 chance of someone not paying up. In a cash game, we would be forced to either A) Trust multiple people or B) make me have to get out of poker mindset, log in game, and get more money from people... Bleh.. A tournament style is just more conducive for this type of setting. I much prefer cash games IRL though, so I hear ya ;-)

Ok everyone, stay tuned and I will get this setup within the next week, looks like there is a fair amount of interest in this. Spread the word, the more players means the bigger the pot!
N-C Pretty in Pink!

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Sounds fun to me if you can work out the details!

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

deal me in
irc axejunkie

Pro

Post by Pro »

/in

and for refernece i think it's been done before by cA or something

Populus

Post by Populus »

advanced1 wrote:I am def in... you should make it a cash game style as well, that way you can reload and cash out!
This, should only be cash. And with limits because some people are too rich.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

I'm in for tourney style play, lemme know!
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.