Question about and possible interest in larger home.

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Rik Smits

Question about and possible interest in larger home.

Post by Rik Smits »

Hello, I have only been here about 6 months and I am almost ready to move into a larger home finally. I have a couple smalls now but I am outgrowing those.

With that said, I have a question for you all. Are there any benefits and/or disadvantages in one type of home over another? Is a patio better than a Brick? Is it work the extra money for an L-Shape other than the extra secure and lock downs? Let me know what you think, I am trying to decide on what type of house to try and buy.

Also, is it going to be possible at all to get a house for less that 3x deed? I can almost afford that but would be flat broke after doing that. Any offers to help a new(ish) player move into their first big home? PM or Offer here, as well as let me know what you think the various types of houses offer?

Thanks for the info!

liinniejj

Re: Question about and possible interest in larger home.

Post by liinniejj »

pm that Ashborn guy hell hook ye up;)

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Patio is good because you can drop stuff over the ledge, and the outside area basically serves as an extra room that you wouldn't typically use the space of in a brick. L-shapes are great for storage, but with the staircase it cuts out 1/4 of the home. L-shapes are basically a triple small with a small lounge area outside the upstairs small room. Bricks are just super safe. They are 2 smalls and an open front area that typically is tabled off for 50% of the space. But, you can macro in them safely and they look good when decorated.

You can probably get one for a little under 3x, but barely under.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Rik Smits

Post by Rik Smits »

Thanks, so you mean you could drop over the ledge of a patio and it would be safe waiting for you when you go inside? How does that work?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

transparency -> drop, yes its safe
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Well said Vega. For a loot house I love the large brick. Its safe and by locking both interior doors you should never be looted out of the back rooms. If you do then you probably shouldnt play this game. Personally I think L-shapes are a pain in the ass. Patio is great to drop off heavy loot without using door and also can run out them without using door if you set it up stool stairs.

Rik Smits

Post by Rik Smits »

Thanks for the info you all! That is stuff I would have never known! I think I'll stay away from the L-Shape because I don't like the stairs and the price isn't worth the extra secure to me.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Rik Smits wrote:Thanks for the info you all! That is stuff I would have never known! I think I'll stay away from the L-Shape because I don't like the stairs and the price isn't worth the extra secure to me.
L's generally sell for less than patios or bricks by players, even if the deed costs a hair more. They'll fit more places, have less demand, and are probably the only large house you have a chance of placing yourself without extensive idocing.

Downsides are that moving crap up stairs isn't the funnest (try a tower, weee!) but not terrible with just one floor. They're evidently harder to deco. And as was said, the stairs take up a large part of the house so you don't have any large open area inside.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I think L-shapes make the most sense when it comes to decorating. The added level gives you an added since of privacy. Everyone else is correct when it comes to patio's being convenient for heavy loot drop off, and bricks for macroing safety. If you're in the right spots, however, you can be just as safe in a patio or L-shape as in a brick.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Vega wrote:Patio is good because you can drop stuff over the ledge, and the outside area basically serves as an extra room that you wouldn't typically use the space of in a brick. L-shapes are great for storage, but with the staircase it cuts out 1/4 of the home. L-shapes are basically a triple small with a small lounge area outside the upstairs small room. Bricks are just super safe. They are 2 smalls and an open front area that typically is tabled off for 50% of the space. But, you can macro in them safely and they look good when decorated.

You can probably get one for a little under 3x, but barely under.
Definitely agree with what u said. Large bricks are safe and got good amount of space and secure and lockdowns. Imo large brick is way to go for the price

Return to “Housing”