trying to steal boards?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Jdq5001

trying to steal boards?

Post by Jdq5001 »

i'm trying to steal boards from someones packy and i'm getting the error "your backpack can't hold anything else" when it clearly can.. i'm carrying 90 stones and about 15 items... no more or less than usual

Derrick

Re: trying to steal boards?

Post by Derrick »

Sounds like a bug, will look into. Thanks.

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

it was a pack llama in a random building inside the city of britain if those two details are important (i have 100 skill and there were approx. 2800 boards)

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Not sure if its related or not but it involves boards so I figured I'd throw it out...

I recently ran into a vendor with about 6k boards on him in one pile...for a insanely good price (I think they forgot a zero at the end)...anyways when I tried to buy it, it states I simply cant hold that much, which is completely understandable, but then how does the vendor hold that much? and it seems strange that you can do that...maybe not a bug maybe just normal...thought it was odd tho

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The two problems are somewhat similar, and both bugs.

The stealing is being prevented because the check on whether you can hold it is being done on the whole pile, even though it's impossible to steal more than ten stones.

The vendor problem will likely be resolved by having items purchased which are heavier than what you can carry fall to the ground, just as from an NPC vendor.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Any eta on these patchs?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

As I've been looking into the stealing question, some doubts have been introduced as to whether or not items which in total were too heavy to carry could actually be stolen from, I won't be able to make a change on that until it's further looked into.

On the vendor issue, soon.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Playing a thief for the first year or so during T2A, I can say, that you have never been able to steal more than 10 stones. You want that hally from that guy over there fighting the bone knight? Too bad, not yours. I'm sure the uo.stratics archive will back me up on this one.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, this is true. The question here is if you target a pile of something with the staealing skill, that is in-whole too heavy to currently fit in your pack, even though you've got room for ten stones, would you be unable to steal it based on it's total weight being too heavy?

The logical answer to this would seem to simply be yes, but the OSI accurate answer is not always logical, so I'd like to verify this before I change it.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Derrick wrote:Aye, this is true. The question here is if you target a pile of something with the staealing skill, that is in-whole too heavy to currently fit in your pack, even though you've got room for ten stones, would you be unable to steal it based on it's total weight being too heavy?

The logical answer to this would seem to simply be yes, but the OSI accurate answer is not always logical, so I'd like to verify this before I change it.

What about stacks that you can carry the whole load to? Say someone has 50 ingots in their pack. It checks the weight like you mentioned and then steals a random amount right? Quite often you don't steal the whole stack, so in my mind it should check if you have the room then steal a random amount, up to 10 stones worth. More consistant that way.

Just my 2 cents.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”