Tactics
Healing
Anatomy 80
Wrestling 80
Magery 60
Poisoning 70
Resist 90
Alchemy 20
(notice that lesser potions are made at zero, normal poison at 15.1)
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Potion

You can stay juiced after your greater potions wear out using 1 reg to buff or counter debuff in alchemy, and are not completely defenseless in casting or hally cycling. Yes you would only use normal poison once your DP halberd and GPed katana used all their uses up (done by a GM assassin on nice magic weapons), and the greater poison if you attempt it in battle is gone. This is more or less a resource warrior that can cast 7th circle...chain lightning or Meteor Swarm off a scroll.

What I am bringing to attention is the low skill rate for lesser potions. With 10 points shaved off any 7X you can include alchemy and have it prove useful. Cheaper in mana, time (you can create 20 potions in seconds on the run and use them without having to stop), and less regs then casting. Especially if you are running around with low dex, lesser refreshes are invaluable...and cost little in this fashion. (it also frees up more space in your pack and keeps your weight down so you can dry loot or carry more treasures if hunting).
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Xanben

Re: Example of a 9 skilll build that works

Post by Xanben »

I'm just throwing this out here, but wouldn't that be less effective than just making a character who is a 7x crafter to poison and make potions, while having a 7x character with all gmed stats for combat? It feels like unnecessary nerfing just for a little convenience. I'm not trying to seem rude or totally shut down the idea? Just wondering if the small benefit is worth it? I know a skilled player with all 80 skills could beat an average 100 skill with some good moves. I just don't quite see the benefits totally?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

depends...

if you stick with one handed weapons and cast only in safe zones you don't need wrestling. If you want to be juiced on pots the whole time you are out that will weigh you down and cost you in the long run.

You can cycle a hally pretty fast at 80+ dex. If you are facing multiple opponents to do this more safe makes having higher end wrestling a good idea.

Lessers are good alternatives if you fight a lot. They cost less. You can have charged items as well. But why waste them if you are unsure if your opponent will escape or not?

You can stock up on these things before hand of course. But they will be used. This just makes sure you never run out. Most mages assume they have more nightshade then you do cures.

*that does not mean dont prep with greater pots and DP weapons beforehand if possible. What it means is you can cast, cycle weapon, poison continually, and replenish depleted resources right then and there in the middle of hunting or in battle.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Frank White

Post by Frank White »

Did you duel Still standing yet? stfu and duel him !!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Archy, your builds are always fine for fighting skeletons at the grave yard, and the economy of this actually makes sense there. However, many of your posts make it painfully clear that you don't, and have never, played this game competitively player vs player. Every use of a mortar and every quaff of a potion will cost you 1 second. To make and use a lesser potion, you're burning double the time to gain half the stats you could if you just came stocked for battle. It's less costly on a dexer than a mage, but even to play a dexer at the highest level those small delays are costly. That's 1 or 2 seconds you're not charging a purple potion, starting your bandage timer, cycling weapons, or using a magic item. If you want to make a potion while a purple potion counts down, you've perhaps gained that time back but you've added 3 keystrokes and a ton of unnecessary complexity in order to cancel out of the purple target, exec your potion macro, and then bring the potion target back up. All of that has to be done in the 2.25-2.5 seconds before you need to target the thing...while you're running and maintaining awareness of everything else taking place on screen.

Malice has a dexer with gm alchemy, and he does alright. It can be done, but I don't think it's at all worth it for lessers.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I can understand using lesser/normal poison against a dexxer to screw up their heals, but 90 SP seems like a waste imo. Don't get me wrong, my GM Poison char was made without any other crafting skills just so I could play around with a pvp poisoner template, but I agree with Xanben that I don't quite see the benefits of this loss of 70+20=90 SP when you can just stock items made from other chars. If you're using 90 SP, why not make it 100 and just 100 poisoning and carry 20 pots of DP or GP? Isn't it like 20 stones? If you carried 10 mortars and 10 bottles to do your alchy on the run 10 pots in 10 seconds, that's already 20 stones not counting regs.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Contrary to what seems obvious, the more skills you add to a character (thus lowering your primaries), the more niche, or suck, your character becomes. Depending entirely on how you plan on using them.

I lean towards the latter on this one, because I can't think of a case where this would be better than a more prepared build, ever. If you had some special use-case, love to hear it.

My favorite char has 9 skills, so there are definitely builds to be had. Problem being he does what he does very very well, but he's risky in most other circumstances -- even if he's versatile enough to halfass it. You won't find many opportunities in the pvp world for such trade-offs unless you enjoy grey screens.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

dont feed the troll!

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I run 8-10 skills on my main, depending on what I'm up to.

I'm not great at PVP, but I can hold my own if need be, utilizing pots/wands/DP. Plus I'm not really that into PVP so it doesn't matter. As for PKs, they've already gained the advantage by attacking first so better to just vanish. Why stand your ground when the odds stacked against you? Cowardice is the better part of valor, as they say. *poof*

Even as a dexxer, 30-ish magery is a *must* no matter what you are doing. Cuz you can't be failing to cast off recall scrolls at critical moments. Plus teleport, BS, etc.... and I can even mark from a scroll with 25 INT in half a dozen or so tries in a pinch :P

So if partial magery is in the build, so then must something else be partial, that's an 8 skill build right there no matter what.

In treasure hunter mode I just buy up low level mining, cartograpahy, and lockpicking for the LVL one maps. In ranger mode build back up tracking. Or sometimes I raise up parry, or drop parry altogether. What's cool is I'm able to morph in between any of these builds macroing over a single nights sleep.

Of course tactics/healing/anatomy/resist always stay put.

Kadull

Post by Kadull »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: If you want to be juiced on pots the whole time you are out that will weigh you down and cost you in the long run.
lol.not worth it. terrible template. I mean, it's so bad that I wonder why there's even a discussion about it.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I think a good PVPer ought to focus on crafting skills. And carry a house deed on his person.

That way during combat, let's say your facing a macer and all your armor is getting damaged, just drop a small house in the vicinity, then quickly craft and place an anvil and forge to make your repairs or even craft a whole new set of GM plate right on the spot -rather than having to go recall back to another location to do it. Huge, huge timesaver.

And you put this on a lightning fast razor script, so it can all be done betwixt chugging pots, swinging a weapon, running, casting, whathaveyou...

Camping is another must on any well rounded PVPer. Once the combat starts, spark up some kindling to get that camping timer going. Then hit your hotkey that instantly drops and clicks your bedroll, so you disappear all like *POOF* right in the middle of the fight. Everybody'll be like "Where da F he go? Is he david copperfield or something?" At this point you can then use all this awe and bewilderment to your great advantage by logging back in and stomping some seriously befuddled ass.
Last edited by Li Meiyang on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Over the past two days I've read these replies, and only today have I found the motivation to read your OP archaic.

Im more disappointed than I thought I would be
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

From the title I thought he was asking for a 9 skill build that works.

I expected there to be no replies.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Archaic thought you were going to fight hazy(still standing) and show us all how these builds kick ass?
Fight fight fight fight!

Edit:
Listen archaic, I am all for trying different things and builds on this game because the one thing uo always lacked, even in uor days, is different types of builds. To compete you always needed to be a cookie cutter build.
The problem here is, you SAY it works but have you ever tested it!? Try testing it out. There's a lot of builds that work when you put it on paper but in battle they suck.
Last edited by Menkaure on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish