Client Crashes on Startup

Dionesios

Client Crashes on Startup

Post by Dionesios »

Okay, so there are a couple of possibilities for why everytime I start up the client that I can think of, be it through razor or just off the client.exe, I get a windows error message (Ultima Online Client has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.) I am running windows xp x64. I also have a very wide screen. The game opens in full mode, the music starts playing, the screen goes black as the video card kicks in (nvidia 9800) and then I get that message. My only options are to close the program or close the program and report it ot microsoft. Any suggestions? I've already installed framework 1.1.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the reasons I can think of, which wouldn't really matter, since I don't know how to fix them anyways. Help me please! I want to macro hard so i can go kill my friends.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Client Crashes on Startup

Post by tekai »

I and many people have the same problem, ive never found a fix.

its your sound, turn off the sound and youll stop getting crashes.

been deaf uo since i started a month ago.

Tekai
O'lmanRiver
[broken image]

Dionesios

Post by Dionesios »

I went into the UO cfg file and turned off everything pertaining to sound. Sound, Music, Footsteps, etc. Still no go. Now I still get the same gray screen, it still crashes, it just doesn't play pretty music before it dies.

magecor

Post by magecor »

Try in Razor under more options to Force 1024*768. Also is it trying to open full screen or maximized window? If it's Full screen, as soon as it hits full screen try Alt-Enter.