Guards can be called without Line of Sight on the Z-axis

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Guards can be called without Line of Sight on the Z-axis

Post by MatronDeWinter »

REPORTED ISSUE: If there is an NPC on the first floor of a building, and you are on the second floor with nobody around, and no line of sight to anyone else, if you attack your hour (or an afk guy) the NPC below you will call guards and get you killed. This is not correct.

ISSUE DETAILS: The Line of Sight check to see if an npc will call guards or if a player can successfully call guards is ignored when dealing with Height.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Any 2 story building in a guard zone.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Commit a criminal act in town with an NPC either 1 floor above or below you. Alternatively, have a player in place of the npc and see if he/she can call guards on you without line of sight.

EXPECTED RESULTS: My murderer doesnt get guard-whacked while stealthing through a town anymore, as a proper Line of Sight (or at least a temporary Z-Axis check) is provided to prevent npcs from calling guards on things that they cannot see.

DATE REPORTED: APR 7, 2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED: Apr 17, 2009

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guards can be called without Line of Sight on the Z-axis

Post by MatronDeWinter »

bump?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I hear you. Haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but thanks for the report. Will verify and fix

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I wasnt trying to rush anything, just didn't want to let it seep to the bottom of the list.

Thanks for the hard work, I'm sure everyone appreciated the time and dedication you put in for such a non-profitable cause.