Need help setting up some specific hotkeys.

Topics related to Second Age
Foxhound3857

Need help setting up some specific hotkeys.

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Mainly, hotkeys that will auto-heal my character with bandages, and will auto unequip, drink a specified potion type, and then re-equip my current weapon.

I was able to make a hotkey for recall using this macro:

Dclick by type (recall scroll)
Wait for target
Target by type (recall rune)

With only one rune in my inventory, this auto-targets my Britain rune, for a fast escape when needed.

Now I need a macro that will auto-heal, and macros that will automatically unequip my weapon, consume a potion (will have one for healing, one for curing, and one for stamina), and then re-equip the specified weapon type.

Can anyone help me make a few macros like this?

Also, regarding newbie equipment, do newbie clothes eventually break after so much damage like armor does? I'm contemplating just hunting in my newbie clothes but I'm not sure if they break or not, because Arms Lore doesn't work on them.

Newbie floppy hat
Newbie doublet
Newbie fancy shirt
Newbie long pants
Newbie half apron
Newbie cloak
Newbie boots
Newbie leather gloves

My dexer will likely have the same stuff (and will need his own potion macros), plus a newbie longsword and newbie wooden shield.

Foxhound3857

Re: Need help setting up some specific hotkeys.

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Anyone? I still haven't figured it out.

I've got a self-bandage hotkey, a hiding hotkey, and an auto-recall hotkey, but still can't figure out how to set up a hotkey for potions, at least one that auto un-equips and re-equips after drinking.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Foxhound3857 wrote:My dexer will likely have the same stuff (and will need his own potion macros), plus a newbie longsword and newbie wooden shield.
Newbie weapons and armor (shield) are not ideal to hunt with. They do not do the same damage, or offer the same level of protection as basic store bought items of the same type.

Foxhound3857 wrote: I've got a self-bandage hotkey, a hiding hotkey, and an auto-recall hotkey, but still can't figure out how to set up a hotkey for potions, at least one that auto un-equips and re-equips after drinking.
Make hotkeys for drinking potions, not macros (though you can use a macro to time purple potions in Razor). Then, under More Options -> Auto Un/Re-equip hands for potions
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Foxhound3857 wrote:My dexer will likely have the same stuff (and will need his own potion macros), plus a newbie longsword and newbie wooden shield.
Newbie weapons and armor (shield) are not ideal to hunt with. They do not do the same damage, or offer the same level of protection as basic store bought items of the same type.

Foxhound3857 wrote: I've got a self-bandage hotkey, a hiding hotkey, and an auto-recall hotkey, but still can't figure out how to set up a hotkey for potions, at least one that auto un-equips and re-equips after drinking.
Make hotkeys for drinking potions, not macros (though you can use a macro to time purple potions in Razor). Then, under More Options -> Auto Un/Re-equip hands for potions
Man, I didn't even know those options existed. Thanks, you're a lifesaver!