"Your mount is very fatigued"

Topics related to Second Age
karakoy canavari

"Your mount is very fatigued"

Post by karakoy canavari »

is there anyway to prevent this or only solution is to wait ?

tried to feed the horse but keep saying this "Your mount is very fatigued" so often :(

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: "Your mount is very fatigued"

Post by AshBorn »

karakoy canavari wrote:is there anyway to prevent this or only solution is to wait ?

tried to feed the horse but keep saying this "Your mount is very fatigued" so often :(
Just dismount and remount when your horse is following you.

Hop off, say all follow me, and hop back on. You dont have to say all follow me every time, just the first time!

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Before you get on your horse say "all follow me".

Then when it gets fatigued, get off the mount and then get right back on and it will be refreshed again instantly.

karakoy canavari

Post by karakoy canavari »

thanks all :)

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The above advice is sound. Make sure the mount is in follow mode then just jump off take step, and hop on when the animal takes one step. The mounts stamina will be fully refreshed.

you could also buy one of my frenzied ostards (or someone elses). They have a lot more stamina than a horse and can go a lot longer between refreshes. basically you don't have to hop off nearly as often.

You only really need a frenzy for PVPing so don't feel like you have to get one. They do help a ton even in town. When I hit a town i'll hit all the reagent shops and rare spawns, so I do more running around than the usual person. The horse I might have to refresh every town or town and a half. With the frenzy I might get 3 or 4 towns in before I have to refresh.

There are some drawbacks. They like raw meat not apples. So you have to have different food. I use raw fish steaks. You (for the most part) can't command them. So the tamer will give the command to follow you, but if your frenzy starts fighting something or goes wild the command will be lost. You'll have to call up the tamer, or have a stack of 100 fish steaks on hand and issue the command and feed him each time it fails. So probably 70-80 times until he finally follows you again. Trust me, it's better contacting the tamer as he can fix it in about 10 seconds if he has a rune to your location (preferably a bank).

Fair warning, you get addicted to riding frenzy's. You won't want to ride anything else (maybe a mare) even though the frequent fatigue thing is "at most" an inconvenience for most.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

morgan1109 wrote:The above advice is sound. Make sure the mount is in follow mode then just jump off take step, and hop on when the animal takes one step. The mounts stamina will be fully refreshed.
It's not necessary to take a step. Simply hop off and hop back on.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Make sure you pat your head twice and rub your belly at the same time IRL too.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

set a hotkey to 'dismount', then record a macro that goes: dismaount, say all follow me, d. click horse. Thats your refresh mount macro, put it in a convenient location.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Kabal wrote:set a hotkey to 'dismount', then record a macro that goes: dismaount, say all follow me, d. click horse. Thats your refresh mount macro, put it in a convenient location.
"all follow me" isnt required in the macro

As long as you say it once, and the mount is following someone when you dismount, it'll refresh.

Example, when the tamer friends the mount to you, the tamer should say "all follow me" (not following the target for the friend), that way when you die, the mount will still refresh since its still following the tamer and not the person who died. Just make sure the tamer isn't around you when you dismount or the mount will go back to him if he's on screen.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Onslaught- wrote:
Kabal wrote:set a hotkey to 'dismount', then record a macro that goes: dismaount, say all follow me, d. click horse. Thats your refresh mount macro, put it in a convenient location.

As long as you say it once, and the mount is following someone when you dismount, it'll refresh.

Example, when the tamer friends the mount to you, the tamer should say "all follow me" (not following the target for the friend), that way when you die, the mount will still refresh since its still following the tamer and not the person who died. Just make sure the tamer isn't around you when you dismount or the mount will go back to him if he's on screen.
This macro is also useful in situations where your separated from your horse for whatever reason, one button to call it to you and jump on.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Kabal wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:

This macro is also useful in situations where your separated from your horse for whatever reason, one button to call it to you and jump on.
Well, if he ends up using a frenzied ostard or a nightmare, the "all follow me" command won't even work. Plus I can't think of a single situation in all of my years playing here where I needed to say "all follow me" because I lost my mount lol

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

Cor, I had no idea you could refresh their stamina so easily, cheers for this !

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Onslaught- wrote:
Kabal wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:

Well, if he ends up using a frenzied ostard or a nightmare, the "all follow me" command won't even work. Plus I can't think of a single situation in all of my years playing here where I needed to say "all follow me" because I lost my mount lol
Well, TBH, I've never even thought about refreshing my mount this much, but apparently, I don' need to say all follow me, lol. But I don't bother with mares or ostards because it takes 1 second to refresh your store bought horse and I've never encountered a situation where I lost because I had to refresh my horse.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Kabal wrote:
Well, TBH, I've never even thought about refreshing my mount this much, but apparently, I don' need to say all follow me, lol. But I don't bother with mares or ostards because it takes 1 second to refresh your store bought horse and I've never encountered a situation where I lost because I had to refresh my horse.

That's because your ass dies before you HAVE to refresh!!

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Kabal wrote:

That's because your ass dies before you HAVE to refresh!!
Who the hell are you? . . . Grudge match?