Halloween not scary? Try this on for size...

Topics related to Second Age
Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Halloween not scary? Try this on for size...

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

In case you didn't have enough scares for Halloween, I came across something utterly frightening. This is apparently what the new UO client splash looks like.
UO.png
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

damalar

Re: Halloween not scary? Try this on for size...

Post by damalar »

Since when did UO fans want to play WoW? This cartoony shit should have been gone long ago.

DKS

Post by DKS »

damalar wrote:Since when did UO fans want to play WoW? This cartoony shit should have been gone long ago.

Since when did UO fans want to play the current UO??

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

God just killed a kitten
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Cel-shaded graphics weren't even awesome back when cel-shaded graphics were awesome.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Does nobody care they are making a mod about dinosaurs?

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Next expansion will probably be dual wield plasma rifles, time travel, and playable vampire templates.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Gork

Post by Gork »

But they have a daily town invasion where a giant turtle rampages through the town like godzilla!
You can collect the shell pieces to turn in for neon clothes and ethereal mounts.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

They took UO, the grand father of MMORPG, and said derppppppppp.

How do you ruin a great game slowly over time like that? It's like reverse braces.

Diablo 3 comes in at second in derpness since the utter anticipation was grown over years of them announcing it. They teased it endlessly and then it was so shabby compared to Diablo 2.

However, UO is special and unique in how mutilated it became and also how obviously it could have been better managed. It could have stayed on top practically forever..

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

I thought that was a joke or something at first. The art is just terrible on a lot of levels from coloring to composition. But the fact that it's UO is even more awful. Ouch, that is bad.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Malaikat wrote:Cel-shaded graphics weren't even awesome back when cel-shaded graphics were awesome.
Can't speak for the grapics of the game itself, but the photo in the OP is definitely not cel-shaded. Cel-shaded artwork, by definition, doesn't have smooth gradient shading--and there's tons of it in that picture.
^

Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Who gives a flying turtle in a half shell? That game was ruined many ages ago. I was Into ninja turtles at age 13 yrs old when my mother corrupted me with this game as a Christmas present... Ever since EA "Sports" "Games" took over Richard Garriot's Perfectly planned out game/world and introduced Trammel to this operation. I lost a great amount of interest. I am 31 years old now. and I still play uo for UOSA.. Your vote matters! Re-Live the UOSA Experience or rot off-line!

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

i signed up. thx

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Hurricane wrote: ... Ever since EA "Sports" "Games" took over Richard Garriot's Perfectly planned out game/world and introduced Trammel to this operation. I lost a great amount of interest.
If you love the Ultima legacy, I invite you to visit my guildpage, here at UOSA.

Otherwise,
For the sake of clarity, only,

EA had acquired OSI almost a decade before UOR: Elizabeth & Abraham were the premier thugs of U7; sundry other "ninja-attributions" have been identified; nevertheless, RG was still in charge of OSI (and UO), when UOR was launched, and continued so until after UO2 (among other things) got cancelled.

Thus, "EA's introduction of Trammel ruined UO", is a fail-argument.

I do not doubt that external pressure from EA induced OSI designers to implement the (fail) "quick-fix" that was published as the introduction of Felucca/Trammel, but one should remember that housing-availability-demand was also at its peak, at that time; yeah, the "fix" was cheap.

EA:UO continues to demonstrate that EA will never fail to NOT pay any expense that might revitalize the game: UO, in its present incarnation, is dead; it has been for over a decade; commercially, the franchise is no longer viable.

I wish sincere luck to RG in his most-recent enterprise: if it enjoys measurable popularity, that would be a firmly-launched-steel-toed-boot straight into EA's OSI-legacy junk!

Beyond that, "true UO" is HERE, at UOSA! (Gee, don't you guys know that?)

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.