Skill delays

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bobjohnson

Skill delays

Post by bobjohnson »

Im just noticing now that im trying to jack up my stats, the delays on using some skills are incorrect.

Spirit Speak, Item ID, and Arms Lore did not have delays on use on OSI during this era. These were the skills we used to seesaw for stats (along with music, but i mentioned the delay on that in another thread...) and i am 100% certain that the only delay on these was the standard .5 second action delay. At skill cap, you could seesaw your stats to 100/100/25 in under 3 hours. I remember paying my sister to run my macro for me once because i wanted to go hang out with a buddy instead, and i know she wouldnt have sat there all day to do it :P

Faust

Re: Skill delays

Post by Faust »

The delays were never the same time span as the action delay but 1 second instead. However, each of those skills were changed at one point in time close to the UOR publish.
Server Publish Mar 9 2000 10:52AM CST

Changes to Skill Gain

Skill delays for the following skills will be shortened to one second.
Animal Lore
Arms Lore
Anatomy
Item Identification
Detect Hidden
Enticement
Evaluate Intelligence
Forensic Evaluation
Sprit Speak
Taste Identification
We don't support patch notes after the last patch in '99. All skill delays had the standard 10 second delay before this patch.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Spirit Speak had a long delay... It was the signature of my newbieness to have Spirit Speak at like 60 so I could talk to the dead :).

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Skill delays are wrong on this shard, unless they were patched in the last week or so, check them out, some skills have the full blown delay and some skills have a delay of 5 or 6 seconds. Other skills (Enticement) have/had a delay of 1 second.

It's an easy fix, maybe Derrick can get on it when he gets back from vacation
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

You are right RoadKill. I have mentioned this in the past several times. All skill delays that had a lengthy delay should be sitting at 10 seconds long.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A complete list in the inaccuracies could be fixed pretty quickly if well substanciaed or agreeded upon

Thanks guys!