drake/dragon breath damage and timing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
DMC

drake/dragon breath damage and timing

Post by DMC »

if i remember correctly, drakes and dragons used their breath ability more frequently and also almost immediately after aggroing to you. here, drakes only do 20 damage to you when they have full health, and i am pretty sure they did 40. dragons either killed you outright or did 80+ damage with their breath.

also i remember a weird bug where if you casted a blade spirit, then cast Reactive Armor on it, the first time a dragon or drake did its breath attack on the blade spirit, it would die instantly (even if it was 100% health). i'm not suggesting you try to emulate this, just thought it was a funny memory =)

Pro

Re: drake/dragon breath damage and timing

Post by Pro »

please dont

Faust

Post by Faust »

Firebreath rate and damage has already been confirmed through the demo.

DMC

Post by DMC »

no one else realizes that this is out of whack?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Research on the subject has been done and dragon and drake breath for the era is accurate. The damage delay is also accurate.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

It was always 20 for drake, 40 for dragon.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

The reactive armor on blade spirits did not insta kill the dragons. However, it did DRAMATICALLY increase the damage that they did to the dragon.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

DMC

Post by DMC »

there was a period of time when casting RA on a BS would insta-kill drakes for sure, can't remember the bit about dragons. i remember because i got reported and jailed for a week for doing it.

anyway i wasn't saying that should be instituted... but i do remember the damage being higher than it is here

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

80+ dragon FB is not accurate and sounds retarded.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

mungrin

Post by mungrin »

Kefka wrote:The reactive armor on blade spirits did not insta kill the dragons. However, it did DRAMATICALLY increase the damage that they did to the dragon.
Yeah insta kill on drakes but they fixed that way before T2A

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Hunting in Destard is just like I remember it...except more PKs now :D

Tronica

Post by Tronica »

dmg is fine.

they have 75 dmg drake breaths on divinity and its stupid.

an annoying waste of regs while farming, and sense they agro from miles away and sometimes breath instantly, it throws ridiculous elements into any pvp in the area.

taking 40 dmg from a dragon while pvping is one thing, taking 75 from some random drake breath is excessive.

i also do not remember ever taking those dmgs on osi.

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

You sure you're not experience spell damage as well? Or a double breath? Sometimes the breath attack fireball animation doesn't get shown (for me anyways). I never recall a dragon being able to breath attack 4/5 of my health. That is ludicrous.

However: drakes and dragons a like seem very weak here compared to OSI. Unfortunately my experience with dragons pre-freeshard was during third dawn when I finally got my tamer to 90. I rarely hunted them for gold before that so who knows. I'm just glad the staff fixed the dispel happy dragons. That was really annoying :P

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It was around 20-25 for Drakes, 40-50 for Dragons. It was HP-based, and I believe Dragons had around 800-825 HP/STR and Drakes had around 400 HP and STR. So it seems like firebreath damage was about 5% of the critter's remaining HPs.