Flagging yourself grey !

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kafka118

Flagging yourself grey !

Post by Kafka118 »

Evening :)

got a quick question about flagging yourself grey.

Back on Europa i was a notoriety killer amongst other things and would regularly turn grey in order to put myself up for being attacked. Anyone who fancied a go tried it on :)

The method for doing this was as follows :

Get off horse
Use eval or similar targeting skill to get it as last target
Get back on horse
Cast magic arrow and fire at last target (horse)

This would turn you grey back on OSI servers but i have found it doesn't here. Any thoughts?

- Kafka

ClowN

Re: Flagging yourself grey !

Post by ClowN »

you are correct. i used to do this as well. hopefully this gets fixed

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

You could just as easily just attack your horse, and then say "All stay" or something similar to stop it from attacking and remount it.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Kafka118

Post by Kafka118 »

ClowN wrote:you are correct. i used to do this as well. hopefully this gets fixed
Took me a while to remember ! Thanks for the speed reply :)

So what methods exist here apart from the usual looting, beneficial spells on reds / grey etc ?

Clark : Yeah I heard folks attack their own horse say "all stay" and get back on ... does't sound too good though

- Kafka

Pro

Post by Pro »

Surely if this works u would be able to target by type and ebolt people off their horses...

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Markmosthandsome wrote:Surely if this works u would be able to target by type and ebolt people off their horses...

no. the horse would take no damage. back in the day it was just a simple exploit to flag grey. wouldnt matter if you cast flame strike. it would flag you grey but the horse would take no damage if it was mounted. much easier then getting off, attacking the horse, telling it to stop, and remounting.

Pro

Post by Pro »

what if you poisoned it tho

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

it wouldnt matter. the horse could not take damage while it was mounted. no spell would cause it any damage. it would only flag the caster grey. the horse would not even attack the caster if he dismounted right after using this exploit.

basicly, casting a detrimental spell on your own horse (which would be blue obviously), by using last target while mounted would flag you grey for attempting to commit a criminal act. The mount could not be damaged though because it was mounted.

the result: you cast a spell like harm, target horse (while mounted), you turned grey. thats it. if you did this in town you could have guards called on you for attacking a blue mobile (the horse). so this was usually done outside of town guards. then you could run by the bank and wait for some ass to attack you, and kill him.

once again, the horse would not actually be hurt in this operation. no one will be able to target your horse while you have it mounted and ebolt it to death if this is implemented. all this does is allow noto PKs to do what they do a little easier. it is accurate and should be added.

Pro

Post by Pro »

didn't think u could mount poisoned horses guess im too used to uor

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I remember doing this. I also remember using the same style of bug at my house. Get horse as last target, mount, "remove thyself", last target.

You could ride around mounted but when you died, there was no horse. Didn't take long for OSI to start bansticking for this though
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hrodeberht
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hrodeberht »

Kafka118 wrote: The method for doing this was as follows :

Get off horse
Use eval or similar targeting skill to get it as last target
Get back on horse
Thats exactly what i did and remember!
Would love to see it back here.
Das Leben ist eine Schlampe und fickt gern Herzen!

Kafka118

Post by Kafka118 »

RoadKill wrote:Get horse as last target, mount, "remove thyself", last target.

You could ride around mounted but when you died, there was no horse. Didn't take long for OSI to start bansticking for this though

That's one i didn't think or hear about :D

I'm trying to remember the method used for flagging grey when Ethereal mounts came in to the game but for the life of me cant remember.

- Kafka

Hrodeberht
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hrodeberht »

I ran out of town and blessed some headless one or zombies.

Was not as convinient as the trick with mount and last target, but it still worked well. :)
Das Leben ist eine Schlampe und fickt gern Herzen!

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Markmosthandsome wrote:didn't think u could mount poisoned horses guess im too used to uor

the horse would not be poisoned if you followed this method. once again, no detrimental effects would come onto the mount. the only effect is the caster goes from blue to grey.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

RoadKill wrote:I remember doing this. I also remember using the same style of bug at my house. Get horse as last target, mount, "remove thyself", last target.

Yup! and then you sold your new mare-clone, but sometimes they disapeared.