White Wyrm speed non era accurate.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zigo-U-

White Wyrm speed non era accurate.

Post by Zigo-U- »

Today my guild mates encountered a player with 4 white wyrms that outran them on their mounts, and the tamer was able to utilize all kill. 1, In no time durring t2a that I can recall did dragons or wyrms run at a higher rate then a player on a mount with a high speed connection, and I was told all kill didn't work here, but apperently it does? :(

This is very spur of the moment ,but earlier I was being hit by 3 mobs, an imp, a scorpion and a cyclops while casting blade spirit, and it took at least 6 meele hits to interrupt my spell. This is definatly not accurate to any era pre ren or post ren that I can recall, perhaps an aos ability?

Please investigate this stuff? I definatly think you have made a slight over site in your quest for t2a purity.

Charles Darwin

Re: White Wyrm speed non era accurate.

Post by Charles Darwin »

Mount speed and many other Taming aspects have been researched.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5491

This thread has the patch notes for when WW speed was increased. It is also "Era Accurate" based on a PvP Tamer document discovered by Kavian

Check that thread out, read some of the debates that occurred on this topic. I think you will see this is era accurate.
Zigo-U- wrote:Please investigate this stuff? I definatly think you have made a slight over site in your quest for t2a purity.
I've been researching as much as I can on taming. It is my favorite class, and I've discovered many of the mechanics the staff has already implemented are era accurate. I'd also like to say welcome to UOSA! And never hesitate to also investigate yourself, every bit counts, and we can all make this a better T2A shard.

Cheers!

Faust

Post by Faust »

I know that you're new here but these are all old questions that have been answered numerous times in the past.

aXe

Post by aXe »

If you got outran by wyrms on your horses you are laggy fucks. Besides, are you guys new? It's called para-field. Run, cast it directly behind you, BAM, they're all fucked. 21 drop the tamer while hes trying to dispel the field and then ev the wyrms, grab the loot and peace.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Pro

Post by Pro »

Easier said then done

lol so im fighting a tamer earlier and their pets run faster then me... Fair enough i was pinging 250 but thats just a joke era accuracy or not its just bullshit

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

im with zigo on this. theres a huge difference between a fast tamed creature and a creature that keeps up with someone pinging >100 cutting corners etc. they skip tiles, and stay with you 10+ screens away from thier owners. none of this is accurate. i specifically remember people using drakes because they were fast, but then again on 56k it tuff to outran many creatures. it shouldnt keep up like it does. fast ok, but speedhacking WW's... no way.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i agree. wyrms are definatly too fast here. i played with a 56k connection back in the day, and didnt have as much trouble running away from those things as i do here on my cable connection.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

White wyrm speed isn't accurate

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

kill drizitz wrote:im with zigo on this. theres a huge difference between a fast tamed creature and a creature that keeps up with someone pinging >100 cutting corners etc. they skip tiles, and stay with you 10+ screens away from thier owners. none of this is accurate. i specifically remember people using drakes because they were fast, but then again on 56k it tuff to outran many creatures. it shouldnt keep up like it does. fast ok, but speedhacking WW's... no way.
x2
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hemperor wrote:White wyrm speed isn't accurate
Where is the evidence to back this "claim" up?

Oh, that's right... Nothing popped up for you in Google was your evidence... :lol:

Pro

Post by Pro »

where's your evidence it is this ridiculous speed

halfempty/halffull

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't feel like digging it up.

Feel free to ask Kaivan since he was the one that did the research on this topic.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Faust wrote:
Hemperor wrote:White wyrm speed isn't accurate
Where is the evidence to back this "claim" up?

Oh, that's right... Nothing popped up for you in Google was your evidence... :lol:

lets be real for a min here faust. i know just about everything on this server is backed up by some sort of documentation, and normally you cannot rely on a players memory when it comes to the accuracy of a 12 year old game.

having said that, im sure you played this game enough during t2a to know that something doesnt seem right about this. wyrms should probably be as fast if not faster than a player running on foot. ill give ya that. but when im mounted, and these things can stay right on my ass even if i run from one side of the world to the next, something is wrong. can you imagine if these things really were that fast during the real t2a, when 90% of the players were on dialup? nobody ever would have been able to escape.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is an issue that I have discussed with Derrick. Currently white wyrm speed is too fast (double the speed they should follow).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

I remember White Wyrms on OSI quite vividly during pvp encounters with a group of Asians on Baja by the name AzN that used them non-stop. This was mainly during mid to late '99 where we mostly fought this guild. I was an active user of UOExtreme from mid to late '98 until its demise in early '00. Fastwalk allowed you to run at a constant 0 ping by forcing movement packets into the client. Trying to out run those white wyrms were hard even with the ability to run this fast on a mount... I will admit that they do seem a tad bit faster here, but they were pretty damn fast back then too. One thing that also bothers me with RunUO is the fact that they go into flight once the combatant gets a certain distance. NPC's would only go into flight during specific situations. I even remember a tactic to get them to go into flight through getting them stuck. This is something that needs fixed with tamed flying pets too.