Are the hit percentages for melee accurate?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ravenwold

Are the hit percentages for melee accurate?

Post by Ravenwold »

If this has already been discussed I apologize beforehand.

I'm not sure if it is just me, but every time I go into a melee struggle with another player character I miss on my swings nearly 90 percent of the time. My dexxer with 100 dex and swords will fight a mage with 25 dex and seem to get creamed even if I'm using a kat and swinging 7 times to his 1. I understand that dexxers are pretty nerfed during this period but it seems like I can't even get one hit off. Anyways, any insight on this would be awesome.

Thanks,
Fenril|Ashe
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly!
IRC = Fenril|Ashe

Derrick

Re: Are the hit percentages for melee accurate?

Post by Derrick »

This has been reported before and watched closely, I think there is a tendency to notice your own misses more that those of others, and also the tendency for hits and misses to come in streaks is common much like 8th circle casting failures. Streaks are bizarre and in practice often more common than predicted. It's how I play Blackjack.

Beyond the hypothetical though, the melee weapon hit chance on equal skilled opponents should always be 50/50

Ravenwold

Re: Are the hit percentages for melee accurate?

Post by Ravenwold »

This has been reported before and watched closely, I think there is a tendency to notice your own misses more that those of others, and also the tendency for hits and misses to come in streaks is common much like 8th circle casting failures. Streaks are bizarre and in practice often more common than predicted. It's how I play Blackjack.

Beyond the hypothetical though, the melee weapon hit chance on equal skilled opponents should always be 50/50
I guess I didn't think about it that way :)

I guess it is "Tank Mage" FTW.

Thanks for the reply Derrick.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly!
IRC = Fenril|Ashe