Another possible new resource

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Another possible new resource

Post by Hemperor »

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.game ... 12990&sa=N

There are thousands upon thousands of posts within the era, from 97-00. I linked one of the first pages in Jan 99, but you can easily skip many pages by changing the value of "start=####" in the URL, the greater the number; the further back you go.

I've already taken a few notes out of this, there is some interesting information to be found however at times it seems like finding the needle in the haystack because many people in era didn't know a quarter as much about the game as we do. If nothing else, it should entertain you with the "OMFG PK!!1 OSI :@" and other funny posts.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Another possible new resource

Post by Kaivan »

This may be an interesting read, but take any information read here with a sizable grain of salt. Much of the information that people post on boards such as these are off the cuff posts that don't have any real information to back them up. Other than that, this is an interesting site :D
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Kaivan wrote:This may be an interesting read, but take any information read here with a sizable grain of salt. Much of the information that people post on boards such as these are off the cuff posts that don't have any real information to back them up. Other than that, this is an interesting site :D
Of course. The things I have been gathering from it are actual topics that relate to experiences, such as curing DP and white wyrms etc.

I've spent over an hour looking through it so far, figured I'd hog it all to myself and be king, but there is just far too many posts to skim through.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Awesome, God bless UseNet