Bind trophy points and rewards to characters

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should trophy points and rewards be bound to the character who earned them?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 24

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Bind trophy points and rewards to characters

Post by Hiram »

Reasons I think we should do this:

1) It eliminates some of the incentive of AFKing or multiclienting into events since you can't sell or trade your points.

2) It eliminates non T2A market items (rewards) since they would not be useable by those other than the person who won them.

3) Eliminates a way to make money that did not exist in T2A (selling trophy points)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bind trophy points and rewards to characters

Post by MatronDeWinter »

points should, rewards should not.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I am in complete agreaance, of course it would only take affect on trophies created after the date of change (if implemented).

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

This does sound like a good idea. It would solve a lot of the afk issues and makes rewards more valuable.

I dont think the rewards should be bound to the redeemer... Even etheral and other vet rewards from OSI could be sold/transfered.

Not to mention, that tieing them to the player would basically be blessing them?

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

I can go either way with the rewards, if this is truly meant to mimic vet rewards, then I agree that the rewards should not be bound.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

So how many trophies can you fit into your bank?
I think its fair to sell your trophys as its good incentive to participate and learn its okay not to run when you are faced against real threats. Not only that but people starting off always getting killed in town trying to macro to the point where they can escape greater nemesis then "Barneys" who toss purple pots and gate, or lamers that use newbs as training dummies need to have safe havens in which to macro like the majority of us.
Unless there is a way to save your trophies without occupying bank space like a quick redeem I vote for the right to sell trophy points because no one in their right mind would keep them in bank forever. Maybe have two systems where points buy one thing and physical trophies can be traded for another. If that's what was suggested earlier.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I understand that these trophies are offered and more importantly earned in lieu of 'vet rewards'.

So, in that line of logic, vet rewards WERE tradeable and thus these trophies should remain so.

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

Kraarug wrote:I understand that these trophies are offered and more importantly earned in lieu of 'vet rewards'.

So, in that line of logic, vet rewards WERE tradeable and thus these trophies should remain so.
The rewards should be tradeable, not the points to buy them. Much like you couldnt give 3 months of time from 4 accounts to get a 1 year vet reward.

Also, if points are bound to the character, there is no need to have trophies to claim prizes, just tie the points to the character like murder counts or any other property. Say "point balance" to see your total points.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Hiram wrote:
Kraarug wrote:I understand that these trophies are offered and more importantly earned in lieu of 'vet rewards'.

The rewards should be tradeable, not the points to buy them. Much like you couldnt give 3 months of time from 4 accounts to get a 1 year vet reward.

Also, if points are bound to the character, there is no need to have trophies to claim prizes, just tie the points to the character like murder counts or any other property. Say "point balance" to see your total points.
I agree and like this idea, except mabye bind the points to the account so you can collect them on dif characters. Bound by IP would be better so no matter what char Im on I can trade in points, but I know theres issues with dynamic IP's and people with 4+ accounts.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

You guys fail to see the drive in the economy that trophy points serve. A lot of people start farming to buy trophy points when they're striving for something. I know that I did, and I also sold off a few things that I probably wouldn't have to get the money.

If you made it so that an item is not transferrable (why you would do that anyway it's not going to solve afking etc) then that means they would be bound to play events with only one character also since they wouldnt be able to use their own points with a different character. This would be detrimental to the event/trophy system also. I like playing events with alts, not the same character every single time, ESPECIALLY pvm events. The idea really doesn't do much for the shard except make people feel like they contributed a "change" to something in my opinion. I voted no.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Ill gladly spend an hour here or there moderating events from hiding and deleting the accounts of anyone who tries to afk in them :-p Perhaps thats an alternate solution? Lol.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Mirage wrote:You guys fail to see the drive in the economy that trophy points serve. A lot of people start farming to buy trophy points when they're striving for something. I know that I did, and I also sold off a few things that I probably wouldn't have to get the money.

If you made it so that an item is not transferrable (why you would do that anyway it's not going to solve afking etc) then that means they would be bound to play events with only one character also since they wouldnt be able to use their own points with a different character. This would be detrimental to the event/trophy system also. I like playing events with alts, not the same character every single time, ESPECIALLY pvm events. The idea really doesn't do much for the shard except make people feel like they contributed a "change" to something in my opinion. I voted no.
I think it they also take away from the economy mirage. Why spend time cutting trees or mining inggots as a new player when you can stop macroing for 15 minutes and take a shot at a a free 10K (or whatever trophies are going for now)

Im just not seeing the standard UO newbies out gathering resources to sell to vets... I wonder if cash for trophies are a big reason why? New players not farming resources to sell to players can have a devastating effect on the shard.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Mirage wrote:You guys fail to see the drive in the economy that trophy points serve. A lot of people start farming to buy trophy points when they're striving for something. I know that I did, and I also sold off a few things that I probably wouldn't have to get the money.

agree. i think they are the best way for a newbie who has collected a few points to make some good starting cash to upgrade his character. plus, what would happen to the people who are saving points right now for a reward if this was implimented? they would no longer be able to use them... which is pretty lame if he spent serious gold to get them.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Hoots wrote:

I think it they also take away from the economy mirage. Why spend time cutting trees or mining inggots as a new player when you can stop macroing for 15 minutes and take a shot at a a free 10K (or whatever trophies are going for now)

Im just not seeing the standard UO newbies out gathering resources to sell to vets... I wonder if cash for trophies are a big reason why? New players not farming resources to sell to players can have a devastating effect on the shard.
No it's not because the CTF DD haven't been giving any trophies, and previous to this passed week or so there were no pvp events either. When we had a ton of CTF DD and PvP events it was EASY for me to get ore/ingots/boards etc people JUMPED at the opportunity to sell that, probably because they were saving and working for trophies. ;/
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i play different events on differetn characters that happen to be on different accounts.
Do i now have to keep all of cobalts survival/pvm event trophys seperate from my pvper trophys?
so essentially doubling the amount of time to retrieve any prize?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]