Loot tables

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Wernham Hogg

Loot tables

Post by Wernham Hogg »

Air Eles used to drop up to 550gp. Average around 400-450.

However, im not sure if this were the case on all shards. Ive got the impression that it might have been different depending on the shard.

I am, however, 100% sure they did this on atlantic. Anyone who played there will remember Shame level 2 being packed with people.

Faust

Re: Loot tables

Post by Faust »

This has already been coded along with every other NPC in the game to be based on the '99 Stratics loot tables. The code merger into the actual UOSA server files has been pending due to it's significant size.

Wernham Hogg

Post by Wernham Hogg »

Faust wrote:This has already been coded along with every other NPC in the game to be based on the '99 Stratics loot tables. The code merger into the actual UOSA server files has been pending due to it's significant size.
Not sure what you mean.

Has it been coded as it is now (200-300gp) because thats how it was?
Or has it been coded to 400-500gp/air ele but it hasnt yet been added?

Faust

Post by Faust »

NPC loot table corrections has already been made and the code is pending to be published once it merges into the actual server files. This fix is based off of the '99 Stratics loot tables and includes the air elemental loot fix. I forget the exact range stated on the old Stratics site but it's something like 350-550gp.

Wernham Hogg

Post by Wernham Hogg »

Faust wrote:NPC loot table corrections has already been made and the code is pending to be published once it merges into the actual server files. This fix is based off of the '99 Stratics loot tables and includes the air elemental loot fix. I forget the exact range stated on the old Stratics site but it's something like 350-550gp.
Ahh, got ya.

Sounds good and 350-550 is about right.

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

Faust wrote:NPC loot table corrections has already been made and the code is pending to be published once it merges into the actual server files. This fix is based off of the '99 Stratics loot tables and includes the air elemental loot fix. I forget the exact range stated on the old Stratics site but it's something like 350-550gp.
So when might these code changes be published? And when they are, will the typical loot go up for all monsters, or is it a balance of some paying less and others paying more?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Last time I was able to work on this was over a month ago. I honestly do hope the things calm down some on other fronts so I can get back to this merge. I think there's not going to be a trend towards up or down for loot in general, just a correction. For the most part the gold amounts on most creatures are correct.

There will likely be a lot more "crap" on corpses though :)

I really regret not getting this done long ago, many hours were poured into these changes by Faust.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Derrick wrote:Last time I was able to work on this was over a month ago. I honestly do hope the things calm down some on other fronts so I can get back to this merge. I think there's not going to be a trend towards up or down for loot in general, just a correction. For the most part the gold amounts on most creatures are correct.

I really regret not getting this done long ago, many hours were poured into these changes by Faust.
Hey Derrick, do you review the loot tables to make sure there isn't some random mob in the middle of nowhere with a 10k gold and vanq hallies loot table?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

Derrick wrote:Last time I was able to work on this was over a month ago. I honestly do hope the things calm down some on other fronts so I can get back to this merge. I think there's not going to be a trend towards up or down for loot in general, just a correction. For the most part the gold amounts on most creatures are correct.

No worries Derrick, you have a rockin' shard here and a few updates to the loot table are lower priority than most of the other things you've been doing lately!

And props to Faust for helping make this place great, when he's not trying to make his tank mage more powerful at the expense of era accuracy ;) (kidding Faust! just kidding).