[ERA ACCURACY] in game abuse

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kefka

[ERA ACCURACY] in game abuse

Post by Kefka »

Since we've gotten to the point where shard changes are 100% nitpicking, I recall that abusive language/harassment behaviour was not allowed in T2A.

Swearing, cussing, harassment etc, if repeated ingame after a person has made an attempt to get away, was a 100% bannable offense.

Please enforce this.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: [ERA ACCURACY] in game abuse

Post by Batlin »

I guess we will also require Corrupt GM's to be era accurate.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Batlin wrote:I guess we will also require Corrupt GM's to be era accurate.
Whatever is ERA accurate.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This, again, is a policy issue. We do have a policy issue that mirrors that of EA's policy posted under the Shard News section. As to how we enforce punishment upon that issue, that is part of the policy that is custom to the server.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:Arguing about events when it comes to era accuracy isn't possible. The events that happened on original shards varied from shard to shard. This argument is no different than trying to argue macroing and policy decisions. The events is not a game mechanic(what is being replicated here based on accuracy) not the different policies from one shard to the next that isn't possible to replicate. This is like trying to argue the Iron Oak invassion(the unique Iron reaper in Brit GY on the Baja shard) isn't accurate since it didn't happen on another shard. The events may in fact be automated but this is simply an improvement to the policy based on very few staff. Again, still not a game mechanic change but a policy change sinc events were UNIQUE. The events here are simply unique to this shard no different than the unique quality that other shards have, nothing more.

Now trying to argue bandages cutting towards policy change isn't feesible. Bandages cutting one by one HAPPENED on ALL shards unlike the unique events that happened from one shard to the next... This is the difference between game mechanic replication that is this server's main goal and policy decision replication which isn't the goal of this shard due to the fact it's not even possible. Trying to argue both topics into one isn't possible unless one shard had existed in the OSI shard list which obviously was never the case. You cannot replicate policy no different than trying to replicate your/mine/anyone's personal or social experience that they had during the t2a era. It just isn't possible unless you figured out how to build a time machine.
In game abuse/harrassment is no different being a policy decision.

All that needs to be said.

Thanks,

TheDon

Post by TheDon »

Yeah, i got a 24hour ban for calling somone a "japseye"

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Batlin wrote:I guess we will also require Corrupt GM's to be era accurate.
Oh oh oh, dibs! pick me pick me! *waves hand*
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Our harrrasment policies are the same as EA's. Please review them.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Kefka, wtf happened to you? I was looking up some debates in the past between you and Faust, and you were making some reasonable arguments. Now you're just being a donk, which is not era accurate to your previous behavior. Please enforce this.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

I agree with Mikel. Kefka sure has become decently whiny about something.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

He was always like this. Seeing him spam the forums with nonsense today was probably the product of his inaccurate NASCAR white wyrms being done away with.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Kefta is forum raging. Someone get him a helmet so he doesn't hurt himself.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Kadull

Post by Kadull »

if you want total accuracy, you would write the rules to disallow harassment, then when someone pages about harassment go to them and say "just recall away," "it seems to be over now," or, the ever so classic "i'm sorry, I can't help you with that."

in game support on OSI was absolute garbage most of the time.